How do you adjust clutch bite on a 1.4 Ibiza?

For any Leon questions including modifications, tuning, I.C.E, problems etc

How do you adjust clutch bite on a 1.4 Ibiza?

Postby Rich C on Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:44 pm

Hi all,

Apologies that my first post is a question but here goes anyway :D

I have a Mk 2 Ibiza Estillo 1.4 (98) which I have had for about 4 years. When I bought the car the bite on the clutch was very high (about an inch from the top). The car had only done 3000 miles and I was going to get the dealer look at it, but soon got used to it and never bothered.

After 30K miles the clutch does not slip or feel like its on its way out and the bite point is roughly the same.

Now I am trying to sell car and get something newer potential buyers are being put off by the clutch and won't believe that its not imminently going to fail (well I hope its not anyway ;) ).

Is there any adjustment I can make to alter the bite point on the pedal or has something actually failed in the mechanism?

Cheers for any help

Rich
Rich C

Advertisement

Postby sclarkson4 on Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:07 am

well, to be honest mate, i have an 02plate leon, and clutch is at top, i am a mechanic and thought it was f**ked, because this is close to top, took it in dealer, there technician went out in it, come back and said, they are all the same,something to do with it being hydraulic, ibiza might be same
Seat Leon FR TDI 170
sclarkson4

Postby Rich C on Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:24 pm

Cheers m8,

I have fixed it - a simple adjustment on the end of the clutch cable (5-minute job).

My wife wasn't very pleased that she been driving it for 4 years with an awkwatd clutch ;)
Rich C

Return to Leon