Unlocking doors w Remote Control

For any Leon questions including modifications, tuning, I.C.E, problems etc

Unlocking doors w Remote Control

Postby rpertierra on Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:33 am

Hi Gang Again,

Is it normal that the remote control only opens the driver side and not the other doors when I click twice the remote?

With one key turn (not w remote) opens the driver side and w 2 key turns opens the rest of the doors including trunk.

Can I take it to be programmed that one click as is and the second click all doors?

Any suggestions, ideas etc would be greatly appreciated.

In advance thank you.

Best regards,

RP
rpertierra

Advertisement

Postby h100vw on Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:27 am

Pressing the button twice should open all the doors. Are you holding it down long enough, are you leaving a gap between pushes?

You can change it to open all the doors on one push using VAG-COM I think. It is in their vehicle specific information on the mk4 Golf how to.

Gavin
Now living in Adelaide, South Australia. Have got VAG-COM with CAN if anyone needs it.
h100vw

Postby VILLAN on Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:40 am

On my Leon which is the new shape,if i unlock my car with one click,it open's just the driver's door.
With two clicks it should open the rest of the doors(including the boot).
But as previously said,make sure you do leave a gap between presses.
I have sometimes a problem with the boot and rear doors opening though,cos if i press twice even then all doors don't open,i sometimes have to go through it all again,and even re-locking the car aswell,then un-locking it.
Seat Leon 2.0 TFSi.......in Black(picked up 1-3-06)
VILLAN

Postby Ash710 on Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:14 am

Not sure if it's any help but my 2002 Leons doors all open and lock with one press of the button. The boot also opens, but it can be left in the locked position so that it doesn't open with the rest of the doors.
Ash710

Postby Cullen Cupra on Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:25 pm

its there as safety feature. mine is same but boot locks its self after 30 secs which is bit anoyin
No longer a seat owner now a scooby owner
Cullen Cupra

Postby chiefster1976 on Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:36 pm

I have had a leon 20v non turbo (SE) w plate,, pressing open button on the key fob 'once' opens all doors....
Now i have got a Face lift model Leon cupra 52 plate.. Pressing the key fob once opens only the drivers door....pressing the open button on the fob twice will open all doors/boot... NOt sure at what date they changed this feature but i have found this out by reading my manual....
On my newer car the CLUNK sound when locking the door is alot quieter(must be different operating system/updated)

AS regards to ashes response...If you open the doors with the key fob and you dont open one the door/s after 30secs to a minute(havent timed it) they will lock automatically...Its a safety feature as standard....Worked on both my w plate 20V SE and 52 cupra....
I think its a good feature. if you open the door and walk back in the house and forgot to lock it,hey presto its done for you..

Your manual will explain all this....Cheers..
Green panel filter, red calipers with seat logos, ring xeons, white side lights, Cupra embossed tax disc holder,cupra R splitter, chrome front bumper trims,hopefuly coming soon cruise control/007/remap/uprated sound system.
chiefster1976

Postby Ash710 on Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:54 pm

Thats right. Mine also locks everything up after about 30 seconds if i don't open a door or the boot after unlocking. My 1997 Cordoba had that feature built in too. It's a good idea.
Ash710

Postby leighharris on Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:57 pm

Ash710 wrote:Thats right. Mine also locks everything up after about 30 seconds if i don't open a door or the boot after unlocking. My 1997 Cordoba had that feature built in too. It's a good idea.

Its also for in case the button accidently gets pressed in your pocket - most cars do it now
Now - '06 Ibiza Sport TDI PD100 Brisa Blue
Previously - Ibiza FR TDI PD130, Leon 1.4 S
leighharris

Postby rpertierra on Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:51 am

Thank you very mucho for your great responses, I guess I will have to take mine to the ¨StealerShip¨so they can program it.

Any other ideas would be great.....

Best regards,

RP...
rpertierra

Postby rpertierra on Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:57 pm

Hey Gang,

Now I am getting a couple of different versions from a stealership here (Mexico) and a auto locksmith which sells the RC´s and programs. They tell me that main control module could be bad. Is this correct, is there a way to check it without getting ripped a new one?

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

In advance thank you.

RP
rpertierra

Postby AndyC567 on Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:15 pm

If you have access to Vagcom, it is very easy to program the central locking system for selective unlocking.

This means that when unlocking the car with the remote control on the first press of the button only the driver’s door will unlock. To unlock the other doors, you simply press the unlock button on the remote a second time.

1) Open Up VAG-COM, and go to "Select Control Module"
2) Select module 46 - "Central Convenience"
3) Select "Recode - 07"
4) In the top box, there will be a value such as 00259
(Odd number if you do NOT have selective unlocking enabled)
5) Note down all 3 numbers, just in case anything goes wrong.
6) SUBTRACT 1 from the top number, so if 00259 put in 00258.
7) Click "Do it!"
8) Exit out of VAG-COM, turn off ignition.
9) Get out of car, lock it using the remote.
10) Now unlock it using the remote.
11) You should see only the driver’s door unlock.
Press unlock again, and all other doors should then unlock.

If you want to re-program from selective unlocking (drivers door only) to 'All Door' unlocking on a single press, just add 1 at step 6 above.

Hope this helps..
Andy - SCC Member No. 395

<b><font color="Blue"><font color="Blue"><font face="Comic Sans MS"><u>Seat Toledo SE 1.9 TD<font color="Red">I</font> 110 (2002)

</u></font></font></font></b><font face="Comic Sans MS"><br />
AndyC567

Postby andrewgplant on Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:11 pm

Is it possible via VAG-COM to alter features such as beep when you lock unlock, convenience windows, and auto lights on when its dark? Am talking about the new Leon. What else can be changed, and are there any ways you can do anything yourself at home?
andrewgplant

Postby rpertierra on Sat May 06, 2006 1:01 am

Andy:

Thxs for ur advice, I just got back from a guy/shop which programmed my remote to open/close my windows and he showed me that fail code 036 Internal Sensors Monitoring System o something like that. I posted a thread on this but if you have some words of wisdom I would greatly appreciate it.

In advance thank you.

Best regards,

Rali
rpertierra

: Unlocking doors w Remote Control

Postby bondyz888 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:46 pm

Hi there I have a 2001 1.4 16v. Every time I unlock my car now it winds the windows down even tho I only push the unlock button once. Also when I lock the car sometimes it unlocks and winds the windows down. As well I have noticed that when I lock the car with the interior lock buttons it just unlocks a few seconds later. Can anyone shed some light on this for me. Thanks
bondyz888

Re: Unlocking doors w Remote Control

Postby kr1s77 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:35 pm

i think it might have something to do with one of your door locks being faulty. i think its a common problem with the solder in the micro switches within the door module cracking. but someone with more knowledge may correct me.
kr1s77

Return to Leon