SEAT Automobiles Forum banner

ALTEA PROBLEM WITH ACCELERATOR? HELLLPPPPP

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  marko116 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am hoping someone might be able to help me out on a problem I am having with my 54 plate Altea. I have in intermittent issue with my Accelerator pedal causing the car to stall. This can happen two minutes into a journey or an hour. It just goes, no power to it at all. Then the car will stall. If I am quick enough I can get it onto Cruise Control and this stops it from stalling and the car drives fine. It's driving me crazy! Has anyone else experienced this? I had it on diagnostics this morning and the only thing suggested was the camshaft position sensor with a quite from the mechanic for a cambelt and water pump as the car was due for the mileage. We told the mechanic about the car being driveable on cruise but he didn't have a clue how it manages it or what the problem is. Could it be the pedal? Does it have a sensor? all advice greatly appreciated :)

#2 ·
[hi there,
the pedal has a sensor built in to it. also have you took the pedal off the car which is only a few 10m nuts holding it in.
i would look at the wiring too because there is a technical bulletin on the wiring plug coming away from the unit.
hope that helps
cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.