SEAT Automobiles Forum banner

New Altea owner

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  bondiblu 
#1 ·
Hello all, I've just bought a 1 year old Altea (55 plate) and am very impressed so far (2.0 TDI DSG). The gearbox is really smooth and the acceleration seems a lot better than our last car (a 2.0 petrol Mondeo)

I've already ordered the chrome exhaust trims, some Xenon blue headlights and some sliver caliper paint to cover up the bits of rust on the brake drums :)

Unfortunatley the windscreen washers (front and back) don't work, so I guess it will have to go back to the dealer. Problem is, the other half is a teacher and needs the car every day (until half term) and the dealer tells me I can't book it in on a Saturday for a month..

Am I being unreasonable, or should I ask for a refund since the vehicle has been sold in a state that isn't road legal? Alternatively has anyone got any ideas I could try (without invalidating my warranty!). Sounds like the pump isn't running at all, so maybe some kind of electrical fault?

#3 ·
No, I can't hear the pump at all - the windscreen wipers work okay though.

It could be a fuse, but I've really got no idea which one. I've checked the following fuses/locations:

- Heated windscreen washer jets (no fuse fitted, tried putting one in - no luck)
- Headlight washer pump (fuse not even fitted on my vehicle)

The manual seems to be for a left hand drive car, so the fuse diagram seems to be the wrong way round in the book as well - makes things a bit tricky to understand.

Oh, and people have been looking at me a bit suspiciously fiddling round under the steering wheel with a torch :)

#6 ·
ALTEA said:
Why not ask the dealer if he can give you a courtesy car? most dealers are open from 8am and close at 5ish so you're wife could still get to school on time.
My Altea has been to the garage about 4 or 5 times & every time we have been given a courtesy car (free or any charge).

Also we have arranged to take the car to the dealer the evening before the day they needed it, so it was ready to work on first thing in the morning.

Tab

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.