Seat Leon TDi wont start and ESP light stays on

Say hello and tell us a bit about yourself so that we can welcome you to the forum.

Seat Leon TDi wont start and ESP light stays on

Postby darrol on Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:15 pm

Hi

This is my first posting. Have been reading the forum to try and find an answer to and i need some help sorting out a problem.
Have a Leon SE TDi, 2001 with 131K miles.
Basically my Leon won't start now, the ESP light stays on, engine turns over but does not fire. Car was fine 6 days ago and running OK, put it in the garage and left it unlocked. Came to move it, a little reluctant at first but fired up OK and drove it out of garage, stopped and locked it. Went to use it later in the day, engine turns over, dashboard indicator lights go out except for ESP.
Checked for lose fuse, started with fuse 29. This seemed to clear the ESP warning light and engine started fine, but after a quick drive around the block, stopped turned engine off and tried starting again and nothing happened. Have tried by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes, but does not seem to done anything.
Anybody got any ideas?

Darrol
darrol

Advertisement

Postby Eefy on Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:16 pm

Hello and welcom to SCC Darrol :)

Ask the question in the Leon section for a best response, you'll find people on here are more that happy to help :)
Heath Scotchford AKA Eefy
Eefy

Return to Introduce Yourself To The Forum