Toledo Door Panel

For any Toledo questions including modifications, tuning, I.C.E, problems etc

Toledo Door Panel

Postby TDIToledo on Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:15 pm

Can anyone explain how to remove the passenger side door panel on a Toledo? I have a fault on the electric window and cannot see how the panels are secured. There are 2 screws at the bottom of the door but after that ???????
Help!! :(
TDIToledo

Advertisement

Postby Turboman on Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:07 am

TDIToledo wrote:Can anyone explain how to remove the passenger side door panel on a Toledo? I have a fault on the electric window and cannot see how the panels are secured. There are 2 screws at the bottom of the door but after that ???????
Help!! :(

Had the same problem but it's easy sorted. As you say the two screw at the bottom of the panel are the only ones visible. Remove these then using a thin bladed screwdriver prise off the cover from the door handle, there you will find two large cross point screws, remove these. The rest of the panel is held on by push in plastic clips.
If you need to remove the panel that the winder cable runs on you will need to remove the door lock first. If it's your winder that's causing the problem the cost for these are around £80.
Be advised. You should be careful when removing the panel as it is very easy to damage some of the wires to the switches and lights at the back of the panel.
Turboman

Postby FezzR on Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:26 pm

removing the inner pannel to get to the window reg is very fiddly and easy to brake expensive things, so take ur time

the above is correct tho ;)
FezzR

Postby Bushdave on Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:59 pm

Turboman wrote:The rest of the panel is held on by push in plastic clips.

What does this mean? Should I just pull the panel straight out with some force when I've got to this point?
Bushdave

Postby FezzR on Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:10 pm

Bushdave wrote:What does this mean? Should I just pull the panel straight out with some force when I've got to this point?

yup pull out form the bottom,

then the top edge will be the last bit in which pulls up
FezzR

Return to Toledo