Seat toledo central locking problem

For any Toledo questions including modifications, tuning, I.C.E, problems etc

Seat toledo central locking problem

Postby simon4 on Thu May 26, 2011 6:10 pm

Hi,
I have a 2001 1.9tdi seat toledo and there is a central locking problem. Sometimes the car will lock itself randomly and also sometimes when i lock it the windows will all randomly go down at once. :shock:

any help would be appreciated

thanks
simon
simon4

Advertisement

Re: Seat toledo central locking problem

Postby Enjay on Thu May 26, 2011 7:53 pm

It might be worth checking the wiring between the door and the chassis, I think it can get breakages, also a possiblity is maybe one of the door switches, does the interior light work as normal? Finally I'm not 100% but you might have a control box in the drivers door that does all the CL and windows, it could be on its way out. :D
Enjay

Postby simon4 on Thu May 26, 2011 11:18 pm

Cheers for the info. No the ibterior light does not work correctly

Would this mean it could be a door switch?
simon4

Postby Enjay on Fri May 27, 2011 1:12 am

Yeh it could well be, the brain uses info from the door switches to tell wether the doors are open or shut etc and if there's a dodgy signal it can cause the locks to play up because you can't lock the car if one of the doors is still open, I imagine being the toledo it probably has extra functions for the windows which is probably why they're playing up too. Vagcom might be able to access the info to tell if it's a switch or the CCM (comfort control module), the CCM is the brain for the central locking etc.
Enjay

Return to Toledo