OBD port location and MPG?

For any Toledo questions including modifications, tuning, I.C.E, problems etc

OBD port location and MPG?

Postby dtr on Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:57 am

Hi,

I can't find the location of the OBD port on 06 toledo. I just wanted to check it just in case

Secondly, what is a fair mpg on M-way at 70-75 with 1.9 TDI PD engine? I seem to be getting about 48mpg is there anything wrong?
dtr

Advertisement

Re: OBD port location and MPG?

Postby seat_adam on Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:36 pm

Look in the centre consol under the ash tray, under the steering wheel and column, shouldn't be too hard to find. Might have a little rectangular cover on it. 48 MPG sounds about right, my leon 150 PD sits around there.
Black Magic 2004 LC TDI. Fabia rear wiper, CTR arial, aeroblades, smoked side repeaters, painted standard alloys, Pioneer head unit, green cotton panel filter and uprated clutch. Wanting milltek cat back, remap and tinted windows.
seat_adam

Re: OBD port location and MPG?

Postby dtr on Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:57 am

Thanks for reply.

I've already found the OBD - a couple of panels need to be pulled out and then it is on the right of the steering wheel

The MPG issue does really worry me. I get up to 50mpg on a flat city road - 40 if we mix in some steep hills, but motorway is just plain wrong. Today I went to Weston super mare from bristol and back via M5 - 44mpg. The figure increase to 46 going through the town. Surely on m'way it should be doing more than in town - ie around 60? Petrol cars can do 45mpg on a steady cruise - diesels should be more economic than that. It looks like it's gonna cost some £300 extra per year at least on fuel than I expected.

Btw - is traction control any good on these cars? Mine is simply breaking heavily, even blocking wheels - no engine output control - I just now turn it off, thats how bad it is at times.

Please don't get me wrong - I like the car but the MPG and traction control need to be sorted and soon.
dtr

Return to Toledo