SEAT Automobiles Forum banner

Seat toledo central locking problem

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Enjay 
#1 ·
Hi,
I have a 2001 1.9tdi seat toledo and there is a central locking problem. Sometimes the car will lock itself randomly and also sometimes when i lock it the windows will all randomly go down at once. :shock:

any help would be appreciated

thanks
simon

#2 ·
It might be worth checking the wiring between the door and the chassis, I think it can get breakages, also a possiblity is maybe one of the door switches, does the interior light work as normal? Finally I'm not 100% but you might have a control box in the drivers door that does all the CL and windows, it could be on its way out. :D

#4 ·
Yeh it could well be, the brain uses info from the door switches to tell wether the doors are open or shut etc and if there's a dodgy signal it can cause the locks to play up because you can't lock the car if one of the doors is still open, I imagine being the toledo it probably has extra functions for the windows which is probably why they're playing up too. Vagcom might be able to access the info to tell if it's a switch or the CCM (comfort control module), the CCM is the brain for the central locking etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.