SEAT Automobiles Forum banner

Ibiza owners - All models - Help required!!!

32K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  johntimo 
#1 ·
Hi to all over here in the Ibiza forum.

If you havent noticed, the How-to guides section and common problems areas have undergone some major work recently, and now I am looking to develop the information for other seat vehicles, the next one being Ibiza's.
Now, my knowledge of ibiza's is less than 0 (lol) and so I would like to ask all you ibiza owners/drivers out there for help.

Basically, If you have, or can do, some how-to guides for common modifications, including relevant pics (if needed) then can you please send them to myself via PM or email (godatguitar@hotmail.com) so that I can add them to the forum, to help all fellow owners in the future.

The aim is to fill the section with as much info as possible - any common modifications, problems and questions/answers. The more we have, the less of those annoyingly common questions we need to answer on a daily basis.

Now, two of you have already mentioned getting some info to me, but the more the merrier!

You will get full recognition for the guide, but I will format to match the other guides already written.

Please help me guys! Even if its just a link to a thread/site with more info!
Many thanks!

See less See more
#4 ·
Great idea ! :D

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be a fountain of knowledge: the only two mods I've done to my car are :

Lowering it. Was done even before taking delivery of the car, by the good people who sold it to me.

Tuning box. I drove the car into the parking lot and dropped the keys off at the reception where they told me it would take about an hour. Went outside and drooled over the lovelies on show (ImprezaSTI, Evo7, Porsche 996 turbo, RS2, RS4... This was almost 3 years ago, and I can still remember all of the vividly...). Came back in an hour later and drove away with the car. Very pleased.

And that's about it... Not much FAQ material I'm afraid.

#11 ·
I changed my rear lights a few months back, i could write a how-to-guide if that would help in anyway. Im having to take one of them off at the weekend to replace one of the fog bulbs.

Ill think of the other stuff ive did or am planning to do and can write how-to-guides for them, if that would help you in anyway.

Dont know if wiring an amp and sub package would help any?!

#15 ·
Yup, I have changed my Ibiza's rear wiper with the Skoda Fabia's....it looks sleek and suites pretty well....front aero-wipers can be changed easily from the joint arm.
Chrome grills can be fixed with the glue supplied with the package, need not remove the grills at all.
so far that's what i've done....will update if i make more changes..next is the grey FR rear lights, i'm sure that'll be easy since all the screws and jacks are on the out side.

#16 ·
hi i was wundering if anyone knows about the seat ibiza 1.4 16v dab 2006 model radiator layout is the fan in the layout a double fan or a single dual speed fan my car has aircon and i bought it damage repairable with no radiators in it and i dont know what to get the dual fan or the dual speed

#18 ·
ross sheehan;775535 said:
hi i was wundering if anyone knows about the seat ibiza 1.4 16v dab 2006 model radiator layout is the fan in the layout a double fan or a single dual speed fan my car has aircon and i bought it damage repairable with no radiators in it and i dont know what to get the dual fan or the dual speed
hello mate! no in 2006 model onwards comes with a single huge dual speed fan, i remember when i used to have 2004 ibiza it had 2 fans on the radiator...now on my 2007 one it only has one in the middle. Reason being too much vibration at times when both fans work at high speeds...so they engineered it the better way:rolleyes5cz:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.