Sat Nav Systems

Write a review about any item or product that you have bought to help other members.

Postby Daveyonthemove on Tue May 02, 2006 9:54 pm

jtonline wrote:Ooh that's fighting talk :boxing:. Shame on you for mentioning PC World, a Dixons Group store :rock: .

;) However all I would say is that if in the unusual circumstances that you you find exactly the same product priced lower within 10 miles of your nearest Comet store and the other store has stock for you to take away that day, then Comet will not only match the price but also beat it by 10% of the difference. What's more the Comet Price Guarantee applies for up to 14 days after you've made your purchase. Comet do not guarantee prices against any online electrical retailers, and they will not match product prices offered by warehouse clubs or any retail club requiring membership.

I don't know why I'm bothering to tell you this really, 'cause I'm not on commission :D .

I have to point out the cheaper options if i see it ;)
Commision or not, its good advice and i will pass it on to a mate of mine who is taking a serious look at these systems. I need to find a Comet now (never in 10 miles are they lol).
Maybe if i find one, i can use the TomTom to prove how close it is :D
My Pride and Joy: http://www.seatforum.net/forum/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=10771
192 BHP and 302Lb-ft (410Nm) Torque
Daveyonthemove

Advertisement

Postby Daveyonthemove on Wed May 03, 2006 6:14 pm

Right heres one for you JTonline......
My mate followed your advice about the Comet price offer and pointed out that he could get the 910 in PC world for £450, and he wanted to know if they would beat it. They told him they wouldn't honour it as the PC world price was with a voucher. WHY???
The offer was in a store, and was in the 10 mile raduis. They only offered to sell it him 10% cheaper than the original price. :(
Daveyonthemove

Postby jtonline on Wed May 03, 2006 8:39 pm

:(
Hmm... I've only ever had to implement the Price Guarantee twice in 18 months.

There may be a caveat somewhere in the small print which says that voucher prices are excluded as they're not the shop's normal shelf price - i.e., not every customer of the other shop would have a voucher. I'll have to consult the small print, but I've got a couple of days off now so I can't check straight away.
Jules - www.jtonline.info
Ovni Yellow Ibiza 1.4S Auto (Mk4 - Nov 05)
Use submitted information at your own risk.
jtonline

Postby Daveyonthemove on Wed May 03, 2006 8:47 pm

Been to PC world tonight, and also phoned Comet.
PC world offer the 910 for a confirmed £499.99, minus 10% with the voucher.
Called Comet to see what they offer, and they only offer it for £499.99. However, they said they would remove 10% off the PC World full price, making it the same offer (£450) so not really beating it!
I got my wires crossed in the last post, as my mate explaned it poorly.
So it can be bought at either store for £450, however none of them seem to have any in stock! :(
Daveyonthemove

Postby jtonline on Sat May 06, 2006 6:40 pm

Dave, I have sent you a PM.
Jules - www.jtonline.info
Ovni Yellow Ibiza 1.4S Auto (Mk4 - Nov 05)
Use submitted information at your own risk.
jtonline

Re: Sat Nav Systems

Postby CJRamze on Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:44 am

Just my ten cents, I bought a Navigo from ebuyer for £55 and loaded the tomtom software onto it
(Very very very easy) now I have a TomTom for cheap cheap.
I've used many systems over the years, TomTom are still the best by far, But your paying for the privilege.
Just remember, your an individual... Just like everyone else.
CJRamze

Previous

Return to Product Reviews