SEAT Automobiles Forum banner

1.4 tsi jerky at low rpm

6K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Mr.shllaku 
#1 ·
hello everyone,
I am in need of some help with my seat altea 2010 plate, first of all I have just brought the vehicle and anything is going great with my new car and then my trouble started. I had an engine management light on the dash so I took it to a local seat dealer near me. So the garage told me it was the ignition coil packs playing up which was weird because the previous owner had changed them 6 months ago so after a long telephone call, I told them the info and in the end they didn't know what was wrong, so I took it to another garage and guess what in the end the problem was my timing chain, so I had that replaced. the problem I got now is the vehicle drives fine all day long but when you pull away with light throttle or when you give it light throttle on a journey, I am getting a jerky movement at low rpm around 1800 all the way up till it clears on its own. I took it to a garage and they said there is no fault codes stored. so I don't know what to do???
I have found out that its not temperature related and that the car changes gear fine. its like a kangroo when you drive along and sometimes its very bad but no fault codes stored, has anyone had this problem? i am thinking its fuel related but its a guess lol. any help or advice would be great before I hit my head against a brick wall

#2 ·
ok just to give people an update on my car, today I started to do some testing, first I used vag com, found no fault codes but when I went into live data, I find that misfire counter on cylinder one was up to 16 times and cylinders 2,3 and 4 reading 0. I guess I got a problem with cylinder one. I now swapped over ignition coil and spark plug to see if it moves to a different cylinder but it stayed at cylinder one. does anyone had this problem before and can help me to sort it? I did ask a mechanic at my local garage and he said it might be a fuel injector faulty on that cylinder????
need to get this car sorted and running fine asap because my wife needs it for work next week.

#3 ·
just to let everyone know, I have found the problem in the end. it was the fuel pump relay which was under the drivers side dash. there is two relays under there but only one was faulty. I have got a great car again. hope this helps anyone with the judder problem at low speed.
cheers

#4 ·
I have a similar problem as car could drive ok for 1 mile or 50 miles then start being juddery and shaking and sounds like its not runnung on all cylinders, Where are the fuel pump relays located? Or can you tell me the numbers of them as i want to try this before looking into anything else. I have already changed the fuel sender unit and pump which helped the first 2 days but then it hit limp mode at 100mph and has since started being juddery again

I added archoil 6400-d Max fuel cleaner that also removes carbon build up around the injectors, turbo, dpf etc but as yet has made no difference.

So maybe it is similar to your issue

Any help would be appreciated

Many thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.