SEAT Automobiles Forum banner

An example of a full detail - C2 Part I

22K views 35 replies 14 participants last post by  PHiRe 
#1 ·
My wife's car is only 12 months old, but I'm sad to say it doesn't get as much loving as mine, due to time constraints and the fact that mine comes first! I looked at it a few weeks ago and nearly died - it was terrible, lots of hard baked bug guts, minor swirls and more serious scratches thanks to the fools at Tesco's. Last weekend I decided to sort it...

Step 1 - thorough wash using the two bucket method and Poorboys Slick n Suds shampoo, lambswool mitt for paint, microfibre mitt for wheels, also wheel brush. Dried off using heavyweight waffle weave microfibre towel. Note how dirty the rinse bucket is in the pics below (the benefit of using clear buckets) - that was only after doing half the car. Anyone not using the two bucket method should look in the bottom of my bucket for the reason why they should.

See less See more
#27 ·
It's not currently legal to sell the Porter Cable in the UK, but they can be ordered from Autopia for around £80 + £20 delivery, no import duty to pay. The transformer, plug and extension cable can be bought from Screwfix Direct - so it's around £140 all in to get one and be up and running. (I think Rich is gonna do a buying guide on how to do it, what to buy, etc.)

It really does pay for itself in the long run though, you can achieve a far superior finish than by hand, makes polishing and waxing far less of a chore and you can also fix surface blemishes and scratches that you can't by hand.

#28 ·
Spot on everyone - the PC isn't CE certified, so all those stores selling it here are breaking the law. I've been on the phone to Porter Cable to enquire as to whether CE certification is being sought, and the answer is maybe - more news in 2006. For now I will be including advice on where to buy a PC in the polishing guide that will appear in this section and on my site, but the folks above have summed it up above in a nutshell - Autopia are best as they kindly help you avoid paying duty. I will however be selling a full range of PC accessories, including the most amazing pads you have ever seen! I'm detailing Side Show Turbo's Elise on Sat, so I'll post some pics of them on Sunday. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.