Used Autoglym for the first time and.....

All your car care advice and products.

Used Autoglym for the first time and.....

Postby Cruiser87 on Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:57 pm

As it was a nice day i decided to wash and polish my car. I bought some autoglym stuff a few weeks ago, i bought

Auto Glym Bodywork Shampoo
    Auto Glym Clean Wheels
    Auto Glym Super Resin Polish
    Auto Glym Foam Interior Cleaner.

I have heard a mixture of thoughts about the Auto Glym stuff, sum people saying its good/easy to use and some saying it aint that good/better products available. I thought id use it and get my own opinion.

After using the products i like them. :biggrin9gp: I no people will say there are better etc... but they have cleaned my car really well and i like them even more because of there ease of use :biggrin9gp: :yes4lo: . Took me half the time it usually does to clean and polish my car. :biggrin9gp: :laugh8kb:
AEZ Xylo Alloys,Lowered 60/40, Gti 8v Spoiler, Green Air Filter, Mk3 Cupra Exhaust, OMP Front Strut Brace, Pressed Plates
Cruiser87

Advertisement

Postby truCido on Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:39 pm

I've used autoglym today on my car and i'm sorry but it just doesn't go that one step further that my blackfire polishes do, you'd be surprised at the difference!!
Ibiza Cupra 1.8T - 187bhp + 239.5lbs @ Westec - Custom-Coded, Green Dynatwist, Forge DV, Stealth Gauges
truCido

Postby leighharris on Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:55 pm

I agree with Dave - you just can't match the results possible with the best professional products - I used Jeff's products on my Leon when I bought it as it was looking really lifeless - all products applied by hand and the pictures speak for them selves.

Just look at the reflections of the street in the rear wing -

Now - '06 Ibiza Sport TDI PD100 Brisa Blue
Previously - Ibiza FR TDI PD130, Leon 1.4 S
leighharris

Postby alanjonesbath on Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:55 pm

Yup, but some people just want their car looking nice, and don't neccessarily want the 'professional results'. As far as off the shelf, reasonably priced products go, Autoglym does a pretty good job. There will always be something better than the product you use, you can get waxes and the like that cost over £1000 a tub! At the end of the day, if your happy with the results you get with the products you use then great! I've always used Autoglym products and have always been more than happy with the result I get. I know there are better, and I know there are worse, but I, like many others, are happy with what we can buy off the shelf at our local motor factors so whats the point in spending twice the amount of money?
Current Car - Audi A3 S-Line TDi - See pictures of it here
Current Toy - Land Rover 90 - See pictures of it here
Previous Car - SEAT Ibiza FR TDi
Current Home - http://www.VAGOwners.co.uk/forums
alanjonesbath

Postby graffacake on Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:17 pm

i use autoglym and fidn it fien for what i want, will us emore expensive stuff after i have a respray.
ive got quite a collection now lol
autoglym- super resin polish, bodywork shampoo, paintwork renovator, bumper care, clean wheels, tyre spray, screen wash solution, glass polish, tar remover
meguires- deep crystal paint cleaner, deep crystal polish and deep crystal carnauba wax
car plan- car shampoo ( it smells nice lol )
t-cut- scratch remover
and also today bought an autoglym synthetic chamoise, tutlewax waterblade, and a halfords polishing mit.

im becoming an obsesive compulsive car cleaner hahaha
seat ibiza 1.0 cl, landrover 50th aniversary 200tdi
landrover 3.0v6 hybrid, kx65 [FOR SALE!!!], ttr125 [FOR SALE!!!], gt chucka
graffacake

Postby HighTower on Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:34 pm

I have to agree with alan, if you like to clean your car and the product you have chosen works then go with it, i would love to use the finer products but i can't really justify it( to the wife,lol ), i use colour magic and it does a nice job, i might buy a wool mit to dry with but thats about it.
God Dam War Hero at your service:cool:
HighTower

Postby Cruiser87 on Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:21 am

Ive got a really good reflection on my car just by using the autoglym stuff. Like alan said, i no there are better products and i no there are worse but im happy with the results i got with the autoglym and i dont want to go spending an absolute fortune on cleaning products!!
AEZ Xylo Alloys,Lowered 60/40, Gti 8v Spoiler, Green Air Filter, Mk3 Cupra Exhaust, OMP Front Strut Brace, Pressed Plates
Cruiser87

Return to Car Care