SEAT Forum Insurance Scheme

For any forum announcements such as downtime. Admin only will post in this section so if you have any questions please post in forum feedback.

Re: SEAT Forum Insurance Scheme

Postby mjr600 on Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:54 pm

I like the sound of this deal, I wonder if it takes into account the cashback schemes offered by Quidco and the other cashback wesite. My current insurer was the cheapest/best cover available through confused.com but buying it through Quidco got me another £70 off.
mjr600

Advertisement

Postby nak on Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:32 pm

This will be very interesting, my insurance is due in April, at the moment with Adrian Flux, who cover all mods on car, most insurance company's will not cover more than 3 mod's on your car, Adrian Flux have gave me a good quote 2 times now and no one came near it, they believe that if you are a mature driver with mod's on your car, then you will look after it, because of the money you have spent on it, infact 90% of the insurance company's just did not want to know because of the mod's and after the bother i had with a previous insurance company (e-sure), when my car was vandalized, anything was a mod, had me for my tinted windows and my rear stainless steel exhaust, so now i am with a insurance company that have took everything into consideration, less of a headache later if something does happen, especially when they say they are not going to pay out.
nak

Postby foxxytiger on Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:31 pm

Hmm,I'm already with Chris Knott and have been for 3 years now due to introduce a friend scheme - they have always managed to beat my best quote hence the 3 yr spell with them

Wonder if I can get any extra discount??? :P
foxxytiger

Postby looking_to_buy on Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:54 pm

i've been with Chris Knott for approx. 3 yrs too - just renewed in December (when they pricematched greenlight (?))

never had to claim, but they seem a friendly bunch on the phone...

wish I could've got the 10% too :D
looking_to_buy

Postby miller20 on Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:24 am

Very hand this, was looking for insurance last week and just bought a mk2 ibiza.

Will be looking into this tomorrow :)

Thanks
miller20

Postby timblake on Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:37 pm

Hi Tim (@ Chris Knott)
Do you offer breakdown cover as well? If I give you my best quote inclusive of breakdown cover will you be able to match that too?
thanks
Tim
timblake

Postby JCZAL1976 on Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:47 pm

Hi,

I am really sorry, but I have never known such difficulty in getting a simple quote from an insurance company. I have been trying now for the last 2 mondays and every time I call, I am told that everyone is too busy to talk to me and to either try again later or they will call me back.

If this is how good this company is at selling i dread to think how claims and problems are dealt with.

Sorry to publish this, but it is really disappointing and this seems to be the only way to air my frustration.

Jan
JCZAL1976

Postby PegoSportTdi on Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:15 pm

I'd just like to say that this announcement came just in time for my renewal, and Chris Knott offered a very competitive quote that I accepted.

I think the user above who struggled to speak to anyone must have experienced a bad day, because I have had no trouble using the telephone or email.
PegoSportTdi

Postby Ralphyboy_2 on Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:11 pm

Hi All.

Just like to say thanks to the guys at Chris Knott. Not only did they beat my insurance renewal, and my best offers on confused.com and moneysupermarket.com, but when i rang up (at 4.53) - just before the bank holiday weekend - they managed to sort EVERYTHING and be wrapped up by 5pm!

I hope the guy I chatted with (sorry i didn't catch his name) is sitting in the pub now with a well deserved pint.

It's a company I will definately be reccomending to my fellow Seat drivers. :D

Cheers Guys!
Ralphyboy_2

Postby nak on Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:32 pm

WELL THAT'S THAT THEN, BACK TO ADRIAN FLUX I GO, NO ONE CAN BEAT THERE QUOTE, THANKS TO CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE FOR TRYING, MAYBE NEXT YEAR, CHEERS
nak

Postby malky39 on Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:49 am

Phoned chris Knott today for a quote on my fr tdi and it can in at wait for it.................................................................................................... just £520 more than my cheapest quote so its safe to say i will not be insuring with them
malky39

Postby Mikey_b on Sat May 17, 2008 8:53 pm

I found tesco insurance to be quite cheap as im 21 and only been driving for 2year with 0 no cliams i was quoted £1762 on my 180bhp leon cupra!!
Mikey_b

Postby oliverj on Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:09 pm

I called Chris Knott last week and they gave me a really good price and couldn't have been more helpful. £500 all in (paid £900 last year to Elephant) but I was swayed by Greenlight who came in at £490 and include track day cover for only £50 per trackday. They had no issue over my mods either which is refreshing - Elephant threatened to cancel my policy.

I can't wait until the end of the month when the policy is due..... Donington here I come! :D
The story so far
18" OZ Ultralegerras
2-piece grooved 330mm floating AP racing brakes
Claimed to be the only LCR in the UK with parking sensors...
Pics so far at: http://www.seatforum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=681&t=69857
oliverj

Postby Invisible on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:45 am

Damn!! Just renewed mine :(

Thanls for the post though Chris, i'll be contacting you next year :)

Still managed to get a relatively good deal on my new car after a bit of haggling.

Was interesting though as at renewal my premium had increased by 28% (despite not making any claims). I was told that this was due to the fact that last year they offered me a 15% discount for being a new customer and ordering online and the residual increase was due to market rate increases!!

£420 fully comp with 9+year protected NCB on 57 Leon 2.0T FSI FR DSG to beat next year Chris :lol:
Owner for '57 Leon, 2.0T FSI FR DSG' in Magic Black
Invisible

Postby oliverj on Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:02 pm

I will certainly call you next year Tim if you can offer track day cover at a competitive rate/inclusive to the policy, that was the only reason i didn't choose to go with you as your premium was very competitive.

I think insurance companies need to be more aware of the needs of drivers. I gave elephant.co.uk an earful when they questioned why I wasn't renewing with them.

We get punished for petrol (and diesel), punished for having sporty cars, punished on VED tax and punished on insurance premiums as a consequence of those drivers who don't have insurance and ironically don't get punished....

Deep breath! :x
The story so far
18" OZ Ultralegerras
2-piece grooved 330mm floating AP racing brakes
Claimed to be the only LCR in the UK with parking sensors...
Pics so far at: http://www.seatforum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=681&t=69857
oliverj

Next

Return to Announcements