SEAT Automobiles Forum banner

Scottish meets - ideas please!

87K views 225 replies 47 participants last post by  SelmaAdam 
#1 ·
OK, new year has started. Last year most of the Scottish meetings tailed off to virtually nothing, so we need to re-think the whole thing with some fresh ideas.

My thoughts are to have a larger bi-monthly weekend meeting somewhere central for everyone, rather than local small meets where a handful of people show up. Personally I think that a large meeting with people from all over Scotland would attract much more interest, I for one have no interest in meeting up at night in a dingy pub car park, I'd rather go somewhere out of town in daylight that's alot more interesting.

So we need ideas, locations, venues, etc. and get this thing off the ground!

#204 ·
RobDon;783308 said:
There is also the chance for a Scottish meet when Rich (WX51) opens his Polished Bliss business premesis up, I believe he's going to have an open day of some sort. Yes it's up in Aberdeen but it's not often people from down here travel up there.
That'd be a cracking meet, I'm up for that. A good convoy up to Aberdeen sounds good to me! :cool: :biggrin9gp:

#205 ·
csd_19;784302 said:
That'd be a cracking meet, I'm up for that. A good convoy up to Aberdeen sounds good to me! :cool: :biggrin9gp:
Was up at Rich's on monday and mentioned this to him. He hopes to be up and running at the new premises in june i think.

Also before then, how about a meet at Crail? Theres a non-mag day on the 13th May??

Wouldn't mind a look at your cars on the strip craig and rob!

Cheers

Danny

#221 ·
Over 2 years since the last reply to the original post. Is anyone out there, are there any Scottish gatherings?
Try the A816 Lochgilphead to Oban road, my FR just loves it or how about a blast through Glencoe and a bite to eat in Fort William. The A827 (i think) Killin to Aberfeldy and on to Pitlochry, stopping at the Kenmore Hotel for lunch. Suggest your favourite place to eat and lets do a tour? Whats your favourite road for a blast? tell us and maybe we'll have a go!

#222 ·
i live in inverness shire and find that theres not much in the way of meets up here for any make of car,as i have a classic and jap car also.i have travelled to meets before but if they,re too far away its hard to find the time.i,d be very interested to meet other enthusiasts .if its central enough for everyone is perth a possibility? :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.