How to Remove Mouse Glue From Car Seats

The place for people with project cars to show you what they have done and for you to be green with envy!

How to Remove Mouse Glue From Car Seats

Postby knowcar on Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:28 pm

Spills and stains on interior upholstery are a fairly common problem for the average car owner. Among the more difficult types to remove are glue stains. It is rather inconvenient to have to worry about sticky residue on a seating area. Properly lifting mouse glue from the seat of your car can be accomplished by more than one method, some of which involve household solvents and others that use commercial solutions. The appropriate supplies depend on the material from which you need to remove the glue.

Step 1

Soften any hardened glue before attempting removal in order to avoid tearing the car’s upholstery. The safest method is to saturate a thick layer of paper towels with warm water and place it over the glue stain for about one hour until the glue becomes tacky again.
Step 2

Scrape as much of the mouse glue as possible using a flat, stiff edge such as a credit card or plastic scraper. Avoid using sharp objects that could cut or mar the upholstery.
Step 3

Mix 1 tbsp. of dishwashing detergent with 2 cups of cool water. Dampen a fresh cloth with the detergent solution and repeatedly blot the mouse glue until it is lifted; use this home remedy for removing the glue from any type of upholstery.
Step 4

Purchase a general purpose adhesive solvent for the quickest, most convenient solution to removing the remainder of the glue. These water-based, environmentally safe products are intended to dissolve tape adhesive, glue, tar, gum and other tacky substances from virtually any surface; it can be safely applied to leather, plastic and cloth fabrics, the most common materials for car seats.
Step 5

Pour the solvent into a fresh cloth and wipe it onto the mouse glue if you’ve chosen the liquid application. Otherwise, follow the manufacturer’s instructions for using the spray bottle. Allow the product to soften the glue for the time indicated on the product label, then begin loosening it with the cloth until the stain is cleanly removed.
knowcar

Advertisement

Re: How to Remove Mouse Glue From Car Seats

Postby Brake on Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:57 pm

Hey! There are actually a few other methods that can help you get stains out of your seats, just read this article on how to get stains out of car seats
Recently, some of the tips in this article helped me a lot, because I got my seats stained with tomato juice and was afraid that I would have to buy new ones.
Brake

Return to This is what I have done to my SEAT