SEAT Automobiles Forum banner

My Mk2 Ibiza Build

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  DubbedOut 
#1 ·
Spec
Seat Ibiza Cupra Sport Gti 16v (yes it dose have a very long name)
2.0 16v Abf (160bhp approx)
Lowered about 90mm up front 110 out rear
R&J tunning Stainless steel decat system
Standered Ronals 16" Powdercoated Black Anthracite with Gold metalic.( Thanks to http://www.central-wheel.co.uk)
Angel Eye headlights
Debadged front grill

How i brought her

We had a right game with this nut

In fact it took us 1 hour plus to get this nut off :lol:

The coilover ;)

Everyone turned up to watch :roll:

Smiffy avin a brew on the job ;)

The hard work paid off :D

Then i went onto fit my new bumper as the clips on the grill had broke on the other one and the paint started to crack so i picked this bargin red one up off ebay for £10 ;) After a nice trip upto Runcorn to collect it and a quick sand down n a spot of filling on the stone chips and it was time to fit.

Manged to get the old bumper off

Fitted my splitter back on

Lined the bumper back up ready to fix it on

Ad to leave the grill off as i ran out of time on my breaks at work :lol: and had to drive home minus a grill

Then after i shot blast the wheels myself at work and prepped them ready for me to use the powdercoating faciltes at work :lol:

How the wheels started out

After i had shot blast the old paint off

Mask up of the bolt face

Ready to trim

And trimmed

Ready to have a fresh lick of the finest powder ;)

Let the painting begin

Then time for them to go in the oven and left to bake for 20 mins

Baked at 180 degrees for 20mins

Then the laquer went on (yup it is white but turns clear when baked)

Now time to bake the laquer on

The freshly powdercoated rims have rubber back on and are fitted to the car. I admit when i first fitted them i thought what have i done they look wack. But as time got on they started growing on me. Fink it was jus the big change from white to black :lol:

Then i ordered my bonnet off ebay manged to get a second hand one from somewhere in Rotherham not bad for £50.
Soon as it arrived i final manged to get it in the car to take to work and fit on me lunch.

Bonnet off ready for the new one

And fitted. All though it wasnt easy lining it up on my own but manged to do it after a few hic ups

Now after ordering my new lights yes off ebay again not so cheap but i decent buy at £136 And after a trip to seat to buy a new grill surround and other goodies it was time to change the lights and grill

New and old grill surrounds

About to get the old lights off

Old lights off

And new ones on

And grill fitted

Lights in action

Then a DubbedOut sticker added to finsh the day off with :lol:

Then a couple of days later she went off to my mates unit to be painted
Well my friends got my car back about 8pm saturday nite. After a nightmare 2 days

After a bit of a tweak cuz some bloke told more than a white lie when selling me the car :cry:

See what i mean ur not tellin me this is what happens when u hit a large bird unless she is crossing the road to go weight watchers.
Oh well we progressed on.

Knocked the wing in and smoothed it off.

prepped the bumper

Prepped and painted the roof gloss black :)

After a couple of coats on the front end

Then laquered

Then it looked like this

Gotta go back to the bodyshop tonight to get it mopped as he ran out of time on saturday so will get pics after an upload them when i get chance.
Oh and i fitted the grill in yesterday to.
Thanks for reading everyone

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.