Insurance

Insurance

Postby Big_Lad on Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:51 am

Crikey,

Just seen the other thread about making sure your insurance company are fully aware of modifications to your car. Well i called direct line today to inform them of mine and my insurance has jumped from £500, to £850 a year. Sheesh thats steep. Anyone had similar problems. or can recommend a wallet friendly insurance company?

:( :( :(
[COLOR="Black"]John[/COLOR]
Big_Lad

Advertisement

Postby Old Webmaster on Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:56 am

http://www.noeldazely.co.uk and speak to Paul and tell him you are an SCC Member
Old Webmaster

Postby Big_Lad on Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:06 am

Si_B wrote:http://www.noeldazely.co.uk and speak to Paul and tell him you are an SCC Member

I'll try that mate, thank god i signed up to SCC! Just done a quick quote online with elephant, and they are CHEAPER than my standard quote (no mod declared) than what i had with Direct Line.

Whats Pauls surname?
Big_Lad

Postby Old Webmaster on Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:08 am

Erm I cant remember but he is the only Paul there
Old Webmaster

Postby Big_Lad on Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:12 am

Si_B wrote:Erm I cant remember but he is the only Paul there

Ah right, ok i'll give 'em a call a bit later. Cheers for that Si
Big_Lad

Postby DarrenH on Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:13 pm

Noel Dazely couldn't come close to what I was quoted, and considering our age, car and post codes aren't a million miles away then it may be the same... but worth a go I suppose. ;)
DarrenH

Postby Old Webmaster on Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:15 pm

Quotes never come out the same Darren ;)
Old Webmaster

Postby truCido on Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:29 pm

they couldnt get close for me either....300 over what elephant were quoting me
Ibiza Cupra 1.8T - 187bhp + 239.5lbs @ Westec - Custom-Coded, Green Dynatwist, Forge DV, Stealth Gauges
truCido

Postby lunalupi on Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:32 pm

Wheras they were quite good for me, but Adrian Flux was still £100 lower so they got the joy of my business.

It all depends......
Arosa 1.0L - powered by Nic sport :drive:
lunalupi

Postby Old Webmaster on Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:35 pm

Cool lets see discounts from these other companies :)
Old Webmaster

Moving Insurance

Postby nak on Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:48 pm

My insurance is due next month, i have shopped around and told them what mod's i have and what i'm thinking of doing this year mod wise, i would say there are about 80% of companies who refuse to insure me, the best quotes i have had is Performance Direct and Adrian Flux, i have 5 years N.C.D protected, what have i declared
1 Tinted Windows
2 Stainless Steel Exhaust
3 18 inch alloys
4 Air Induction Kit
5 Full Bodykit

Performance Direct = £410
Adrian Flux =£353

I just cannot believe it, someone who takes into consideration i am a mature driver, i also have a P.S.V licence and the most important thing they take into consideration is , that people who do their cars up and spend money on them for extra mods are the ones that look after them, not talking for boy racers.
nak

Postby sellw88 on Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:00 pm

nak;780195 wrote:not talking for boy racers.

Just thought i would air my opinions.

Yes, understandably, boy racers will have accidents, and some deserve to have to pay over the top prices to be able to stay on the roads, but are still absolute pillocks.

However, there are young drivers that DO look after there cars, would like to do luxury mods to there car, performance and cosmetically, however cannot afford to due to high insurance costs, or, the threat of them being even more bumped up.

For example (and i know this is LOW for my car and age)

1st Year insurance
Driving 0 months
Pass Plus
1.4 16V 05 plate ibiza.

£1,900

2nd Year Insurance
Driving 12 months
1 Claim
1.4 16V 05 plate ibiza.

£1,700

Yes, i know i have had a claim, but, i beleive that those drivers who are not idiots are being charged O.T.T for those who are idiots, so we dont deserve to be dug at every now and then.

Sorry, things like that quote just make me want to air my views.
SEAT IBIZA SPORT 1.4 16V (2005) - Emocion Red
- Added extra's - Chrome Grill Surround -
sellw88

Postby alanjonesbath on Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:05 pm

Sorry to say, but the fact that you did have a claim in your first year of driving is exactly the reason they bump up the prices for young drivers. I forget what the percentage is, but a very high percentage of drivers have a bump in their first couple of years. You may not be an idiot, most of us aren't, but you are a 'risk', and have proven that by having a claim in your first year, so insurers have to charge a lot to cover you, they are a business at the end of the day and have to make money. Insurance is just one of those things you have learn to accept. If you are a higher risk (i.e. young, inexperienced, had accidents in the past, etc.), then your going to pay through the nose for insurance, there is no getting around it :(
Current Car - Audi A3 S-Line TDi - See pictures of it here
Current Toy - Land Rover 90 - See pictures of it here
Previous Car - SEAT Ibiza FR TDi
Current Home - http://www.VAGOwners.co.uk/forums
alanjonesbath

Postby superleon on Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:10 pm

I wish there were a Noel Dalzely or Adrian Flux OR Performance Direct in Ireland! :dull8ay: .....we have NO ONE over here who will quote for me to up my meagre 90bhp Leon to say 125bhp.....I'm not exactly going to take off on the motorway am I!! And my boy racer days are LONG gone...:biggrin9gp:
[COLOR="Red"]Previous cars: '98 Ibiza 1.4 (Silver); '00 Leon 1.4 (Black)
Now: '02 Leon TDi - 90bhp ("Anniversary Blue") - Remapped to 125bhp [/COLOR]
superleon

No Offence

Postby nak on Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:18 pm

As for the above comment made by sellw88, look its simple, air your views, but no offence in any way, with what you are saying you don't class your yourself as a boy racer, no probs, not saying all teenagers are, hell, i was one at one time but the truth of the matter is and proven that young drivers are having alot of accidents and worser still, losing there lives, so if you class yourself as one of the mature sensible one's, good of ya, but thank the ones you see, whizzing around, who chuck there highway codes and everything they have learnt over there shoulders because they have passed their test, lose their sensible heads and gain heavy lead weights in their right foot and become nuisance's to other drivers, whilst not gaining the experience, again i will point out not all young drivers are boy racers, there are good young sensible heads out there who know they have to gain experience and take their time, for a car is a weapon , in the manner of , if they do not control it properly, it can cause injury to themselves or someone else, or even worse DEATH
nak

Next

Return to Ownership Tips