67 plate Ibiza 1.0 TSI 95 Handbrake

67 plate Ibiza 1.0 TSI 95 Handbrake

Postby Pedro75 on Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:33 pm

Hi,
New to this forum and looking for some advice on a car I’m hoping to buy. It’s a 67 plate Ibiza 1.0 TSI 95 SE.
It’s being sold by a main dealer. We first looked at this car a couple of weeks ago and were very happy with it apart from low tyre tread, a few light scratches and most importantly rough handbrake operation. We agreed to buy the car if these issues were sorted. We went back today to have another look and have been told there is nothing they can do about the handbrake as it is what they are all like. We tried another 67 plate Ibiza and that was the same. The handbrake feels rough as it’s applied- as if the cable is frayed or dry and corroded.
I’ve since found info online regarding a recall for handbrake issues with this model as some had failed and cars rolled. I think this was due to a missing locking nut on the adjuster so unlikely to affect smoothness of operation.
I really like the car but don’t want to buy a load of trouble. I can walk away now and find something else but would lose a small deposit.
Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so how is it long term?
Thanks for any advice.
Pedro75

Advertisement

Re: 67 plate Ibiza 1.0 TSI 95 Handbrake

Postby Pedro75 on Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:40 pm

Hello???
Pedro75

Return to Ibiza MK5