SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I've had a seat toledo v5 in the past and loved it. Unfortuately the time has come to get something cheap and sensible as my fiance is having a baby and we will be strapped for cash. I've seen a really clean toledo 1.6s 8v advertised but was wondering what the engine was like? Is it too small for a vehicle of the toledo's size and weight, i've always had quick cars before so i know it will be a bit of a come down.

Any opinions on the engine?

Mark

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been using my Toledo for more than one year now with the 1.6 8v engine (102BHP). Compared to the weight of the car the engine seems to be weak, however, this drawback is well compensated with the gearbox ratios. Additionally, this engine is providing high torque with low revs unlike the 16v version. Therefore, this car accelerates better than expected. The drawback is, you need to rev the engine too high on motorway during high speed cruising. The 5th gear ration is almost the same as the 4th gear ration of my previous car. High fuel consumption is an expected result of this (9 litres/100 km).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts