SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious as to what this desiel actually is! I've found a few in the autotrader mk2 and mk3.

Examples:

1999 S Reg Seat Ibiza 1.9D SE
, Diesel, 1999 S Reg , Lagoon Blue metallic, Hatchback, 79,000 miles , 3 Doors. ABS, Air Bag, Immobilizer, In Car Entertainment, One Owner.

2000 W Reg Seat Ibiza 1.9D SDi
, Diesel, 2000 W Reg , Blue, Hatchback, 30,335 miles , 3 Doors. ABS, Air Bag, Air-Conditioning, Alloy Wheels, Anti-Lock Brakes, Body Coloured Bumpers, Central Door Locking, Centre Rear Seat Belt, Clock, Driver Air Bag, In Car Entertainment, Manual Transmission, Paint Metallic, xx call John on 07774 430000 xx.stolen recovered, has very minor damage, drives fine. £4,650 ono

Is the first example a turbo desiel or just a straight n/a desiel? Cuz u know how cometimes traders and private sellers dont have a clue what they are selling and often write silly things.

What about the SDi mk3? Any ideas? Should i steer clear of them and look for a TDi?

·
Registered
171 Posts
1.9D = indirect injection normally aspirated and as the man says slooow
SDI = direct injection (and slooow) but super economical (by the way you can actually chip these for a bit more power.....

·
Registered
827 Posts
indeed, I am fimimnular with deisel injector pumps and compression ignition engines

G

·
BeezaDiesel, would you be interested in a free trial of an item that chips your diesel?

Please let me know or drop me a line.

Gotta look after the Diesal Owners as well!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hello Si
Have read that thread with interest before but I currently run a Tuning Box which is only supposed to go on a completely standard engine - otherwise it would have been interesting to run them either back to back or compare them in conjunction...
Other problems are: my Beezer is still under SEAT warranty, and I'm a hell of a long way from London!

G

·
Mmmm ......... okay let me have a chat with the guy that has offered this to site and put your concerns to him and see what he says.

Is that okay?

Summat or nuffin!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts