SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Checked my oil level at the weekend as I do reguarly and noticed it needed topping up. So I've now used the entire contents of the 1 litre bottle I bought just before Christmas.

Car was serviced at the end of July 2006 at about 12000 miles. So in 5000 miles its needed a litre of oil adding. Is this normal? My previous Ford Focus TDCI didn't need topping up at all between services.

By the way, can anyone source the PD oil any cheaper than £13.48 per litre from my local SEAT dealer?

Thanks,

Charles

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Nothing wrong with that. They can use up to a litre of oil evry 600 miles if they want to before they are considered to be faulty! You should be able to find it a lot cheaper than that though ;) When I had the Ibiza VW505.01 spec oil cost me £18 for 5 litres (Millers XFE-PD). Haven't checked what the 2.0TDi needs yet, but I'm sure it can be found for less than £25 for 5 litres.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My 2.0 Tdi has been pretty easy on oil, can't even remember if I've topped it up since buying it in June - maybe I'll have to check it again...

I think I got my PD oil (the VW stuff) from Halfords a little cheaper - I believe they also do other brands of PD oil of the correct type even cheaper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts