SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

All 4 internal door handles in my toledo are either peeling or have peeled all the way and it looks horrible.

Does anybody know where i can buy replacements to these or have the part numbers so i can order some?

Thanks

Daz

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi mate I have the same problem might be worth taking them off and rubbing them flat with some fine grade wet and dry and respray them one a coat of clear/satin Laquer to seal them in might also be your cheapest option

·
Registered
189 Posts
Alright there mate...had the same problem with my previous Leon (00 model), but my current one (02 model) doesn't have the problem....maybe Seat had so many complaints....I think the handles can be replaced fairly easily? I know a Seat dealer near me replaces them prior to reselling his secondhand models...fair play to him!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Phoned stealers at congesbury, They wont give out part numbers but charge £12.95 each handle, so £51.80 all told.

Anybody beat that price or can offer a third party solution?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Exactly the same problem, hardly seems worth buying new ones cos they'll go the same. You could try scraping it all off and leaving the shiny plastic, but as it'll fall off eventually anyway ... :/

·
Registered
3 Posts
felton552 said:
got same prob on 51 plate v5. but only on drivers door all others are as new. was going to look into replacing but looks like its a common fault so i think ill put up with it.
I had the same problem , rubbed them back with a green scotchgaurd pad and a coat of clear plasticote , total cost £5.60 and a half hour of my time , remember to mask everything off , this has lasted 11 months with no probs Alan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts