SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
saw one going round castle coombe and it was fast. It sounded weird,almost electric and I think that it was driven by a bird!

·
Registered
273 Posts
yup, they're one of the reasons group b rallying was banned - too fast for their own good!

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Yup.. back in the day of groub B rallying.. the old Pug Turbo 16's.. RS200's, Sierra Cossy's and Lancia Delta S4's.. too damn fast..

proper muppet bodywork though.. lol

·
Registered
858 Posts
Thers a Group B, 6R4 at this hillclimb race track near us. the 400 hp was not enough for him so hes put a turbo on it :wow: The noise is amazing. V6, 4 wheel drive. a mixture of huge backfire explosions and fire spitting from the exaust pipes. smoke from wheel arches aswell. amazing bit of kit.
One of the most amazing group racers has got to be the Lancia Delta S4, it had a turbocharger and a supercharger, 470 bhp..
they made a road version aswell which you can buy.which had 250 bhp

James

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
the guy that works next to our workshop used to race em :)
anyone ever heard of Will Gollop ??

he said the amount of G force they made on pull away was enuff 2 make u pass out for a couple of sec's b4 coming round @ about 100mph (yes they really r that quick)

i think he had one of the very last new one's in the country b4 selling it for 30K odd.

another good car with the same amount of power is the jag XKR
i thought nothing of this b4 i went out in one and i gotta say it scared the hell outta me, 400BHP, 4ltr, twin superchargers, all from an automatic convertable :D :D

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I remember Will Gollop yehman... old skewl rally and rallycross driver... not seen him around onthe circuit (on tele) for a while.. he still racing then? or setting up cars for people?

Would love a go in a 6R4 or Delta S4.. just to understand the g-force they pull.... maybe one day.. lol

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
yeah he's still about ;)

i think he mainly does cars for other peeps now, we always see lairy lookin cars going in and outta his workshop. last thing i new they were workin on a focus rally car with the biggest roll cage i've ever seen :D

·
Registered
502 Posts
Will Gollop.....excellent Rallycross geezer...used to watch him with his mental 4WD Turbo'd 306 with the big Silkolene stickers... :)

he knew what to do with cars thats for sure. He built some pukka motors.

And James...that quattro is the ******. But the best one must be that Suzuki Vitara Twin Turbo Pikes Peaks Version....

Oh, as for the 6R4...anyone used that in Colin McRae Rally V2....its bloody out of control! :D

·
Registered
502 Posts
thats the one....your own car is starting to resember a bit of it actually (red with white wheels :D )

If you fitted a big feck off rear spoiler (loads available at Weston Wheels yesterday by the way) you might well have a replica.....

hehehe

·
Registered
314 Posts
Crowd control was the main reason for Group B coming to an end , that and Manufactors perseption apon what the rules and restrictons where.

For instance rumors of hughly exceed octane levels in some cars fuel ( i.e Nitro's ) where producing safety issues.

One of the most famous storys was of the Audi S1 which in testing at a F1 Circuit in Germany layed down a time which would have put it in the top 6 position to start that years F1 race lol

Yes they really where that fast :eek:

·
Registered
858 Posts
Originally posted by Chungster
thats the one....your own car is starting to resember a bit of it actually (red with white wheels :D )

If you fitted a big feck off rear spoiler (loads available at Weston Wheels yesterday by the way) you might well have a replica.....

hehehe
hehe :D il get me wide arch kit aswell... and the engine....:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts