Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 6 Speed Gearbox

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK GUYS!! Whats the betting everyone in a Ibiza says 5 Speed and Leons say 6 Speed. A Technical Fact answer, not biast opinions :elo: :elo:

G

·
I said six speed as its better than five!

Also when i was down in Brighton one of BBSparkys mates said that you can easily fit the six speed to an Ibiza Cupra as the cap is there!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Originally posted by CupraSi
...you can easily fit the six speed to an Ibiza Cupra as the cap is there!
Hmm, is that so? Cool!!! Perhaps a nice project for someone to undertake for the site - UK's first six speed Beeza Cupra 20vT. Noice!!! Any ideas on the price of a Leon six-speed box?

Oh, I also voted for 6-speed by the way. In my eyes, the higher the number the better!!!

Meeko

·
Registered
637 Posts
206 WRC only used a 5 speed box for the "Finnish Grand Prix" (rally of Finland) last and they were pulling over 120 between the trees....... They also looked good for a 1,2,3 and 4 at one point ~ they only got 1st and 2nd at the end though..:wow:

I'd still rather have 6 for the road though.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Is top gear in the 6 Speed any longer than in the 5 Speeder.

Some of the bys a couple of years ago where putting TD gearboxes in there RS Turbos and they were doing silly speeds lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
SI, on that note, went round there last night and they are eager to get on with some dev for the 20vt, just need a car to look round, measure etc. When i was there there was a sweet as black mk1 golf they were tinkering with, meant to be in PVW in the next few months as he had just come from a photoshoot! :D

Anyone with a 20vt from the worthing/west sussex area on here? :)

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
5spd for me...
Why have more... if still a conventional change its more changes and slower....

Now a sequential 6 spd... Well thats different. :D

Bill

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
I said 6 speed, because it's better for cruuuuuuuusssin.. :D

But SI why would you want the 6 speed box in your Ibiza, it'll completely **** up your 0-60 surely... Which we all know you young (at heart anyway :g :g ) muppets are really interested in... heheheh

Pete

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
gotta agree with bill on this one peeps

less changes so u shouldn't loose as much speed

but then u could argue about gear ratio's etc

ohh well 5 speed it is 4 me (at least till me hands better :D )

G

·
Marc,

Ask him to drop me a line and i will come down and maybe bring Steve down as well and we will sort summat out ;) :elo:

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Anyone remember the seqshift thingy.... Bolt on addition to our g'boxes to make the change a push pull sequential sort of thing?

http://www.seqshift.com/main.phtml

:)

Bill

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
i remember reading about that :)

G

·
I don't think its as simple as just fitting a extra gear, The Gearbox has only got enough room for 7 gears (remeber neutral and reverse are gears)

I know for a fact that the 6 speed leon box won't fit!

Ill happily be proved wrong though.

I think 5 is better, Ive driven 5 speed A3's and 6 speed ones both with 180bhp Q. the gearing is closer on the six speed but better on the 5 IMOH

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
wanna try gettin six gears in the standard beeza box ????

give it 3 month's n i'll have a spare gearbox ;) need's a bit of work though :D (as disscused earlier ;) )

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts