SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a definitive list of which changers from which other VAG cars I could connect to the Aura in my 04 110 TDi
Brother in law has just bought an 01 Ibiza with 1 already fitted and my wife has agreed to get 1 for me
Looked on Ebay and there are loads listed under VW but before I take a punt on one.........
Most seem to be Panasonic but I seem to remember seeing somewhere the Aura was made by Blaupunct(?)
Would there be compatability issues?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sorry mate...I don't know which ones are useable with the Aura, but I thought it was made by Grundig? I know my Ibiza one was....

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be right there
never seen the back but when the dealer couldn't get a code for it (supplied as an option by the Irish supplier, who didn't write down the code and didn't tell SEAT they had fitted it) they said it had to go back to Germany
Couldn't think of another German stereo maker

·
Registered
160 Posts
My aura(?) unit is made by Grundig.

Found this out when, after getting my car back from a RTC repair, the radio code had to be entered. Tried several times with the code in the book but no joy. :?:

Phoned a dealer in Cardiff and they said it may be possible to recode if I took the unit out and gave them the 14 digit code. Did this and was told my unit had to be decoded by the dealer with the unit in the car.. :roll:

..£45 later and found out that the code in the book was incorrect to the unit in the car. :cry: :evil:

Now waiting for the resulting letter of compaint to SEAT since the car was purchased from a SEAT dealer with the only other owner showing as SEAT UK!!! :shock:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts