SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
When the a/c is selected on i have noticed that the radiator fans come on every 3-5 minutes is this normal??
I have checked the a/c gas pressure its good.

Thanks in advance
Barry
05 leon FR150 tdi.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't know if your model has the same twin fan set up as the LCR, but they have a common fault where by the low speed (which should run slowly all the time the A/C is on) burns out causing the high speed to cycle on/off, eventually this burns out the high speed as well.

Hope this helps,

P.S. If you do a search there are loads of threads on this subject.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
leighharris;781664 said:
That's fine - nothing to worry about
I dont remember the noise of the fans before though iv had this car nearly a year now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Flying custard;781686 said:
I don't know if your model has the same twin fan set up as the LCR, but they have a common fault where by the low speed (which should run slowly all the time the A/C is on) burns out causing the high speed to cycle on/off, eventually this burns out the high speed as well.

Hope this helps,

P.S. If you do a search there are loads of threads on this subject.
Im not sure if it is the same as the lcr but it has 2 fans. Do you know where the fan control module is located? Iv done a search and looks like the low speed has burned out. When the a/c is on the fans are off, but then come on full power every 3-5 min.
thanks for the help

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My car is a 05 would it be covered by waranty ??

·
Registered
39 Posts
bgraham;781693 said:
Im not sure if it is the same as the lcr but it has 2 fans. Do you know where the fan control module is located? Iv done a search and looks like the low speed has burned out. When the a/c is on the fans are off, but then come on full power every 3-5 min.
thanks for the help
Sorry, don't know where the module is,had mine repaired under warranty, they replaced the module and only one fan.
(Although I had exactly the same fault as yours) the only difference was mine packed up in the summer and the high speed fans were switching on/off every few seconds!

Good luck

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Flying custard;781722 said:
Sorry, don't know where the module is,had mine repaired under warranty, they replaced the module and only one fan.
(Although I had exactly the same fault as yours) the only difference was mine packed up in the summer and the high speed fans were switching on/off every few seconds!

Good luck
I better get it sorted quick so!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SEAT WONT COVER IT UNDER WARRANTY *****rs. and it will be close to 1000e.

But i fount this amazing thread should solve all the fan low speed problems.
http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/449470.aspx

Im going to do this fix at the weekend i will keep you guys up to date.

Barry

·
Registered
39 Posts
Cheers for the link, if mine go again ( my warranties out soon) I'll know what to do.
I'll be interested to see where the plate can go on the Leon.
Why aren't yours covered under warranty? surely you must have at least a year left of the 3 years?

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Flying custard;781865 said:
Cheers for the link, if mine go again ( my warranties out soon) I'll know what to do.
I'll be interested to see where the plate can go on the Leon.
Why aren't yours covered under warranty? surely you must have at least a year left of the 3 years?

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.
It seems there is only a 2 yr warranty been talking to 2 dealers and SEAT ireland waranties dept, my car was delivered on 10/jan/05 so out by a couple of months. so annoying. I will take pics of the mod when i do it.

Oh i read somewhere that there is a new modified fan which wont break it can be identified by a green mark on the fan rim. Just for info my fan has a green mark on the rim so obviously mod didnt work.

Barry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts