SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya peeps

Has anyone who has put 17's on their pride and joy found the ABS plays up??????The light keeps coming on then going off which means i have ABS when the light is off but it doesn't feel right and keeps kicking in for no reason,when the light is on i have no ABS and can lock the wheels up and skid!!!!!!!can some one help me as it is doing my head in.thanx.DAVE

P.S some little fuc*er nicked my standard alloys out of my dads van the other night.:swear:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ever since I got my 17's my ABS light goes on occasionally. I could never understand why but didn't do anything about it but lately I've noticed that when the light does come on it feels as if my ABS doesn't work. I'm too scared to get it checked out in case it may be BIG bucks!!! :(

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Originally posted by DAVE-GTI8V
Hiya peeps

Has anyone who has put 17's on their pride and joy found the ABS plays up??????The light keeps coming on then going off which means i have ABS when the light is off but it doesn't feel right and keeps kicking in for no reason,when the light is on i have no ABS and can lock the wheels up and skid!!!!!!!can some one help me as it is doing my head in.thanx.DAVE

P.S some little fuc*er nicked my standard alloys out of my dads van the other night.:swear:
Just a thought but...
New 17" rims = new wheel bolts maybe?
Longer wheel bolts on the front especially might press the ABS ring against the sensor = dead/damaged sensor when it rubs the front off it.

Easy to check.

Undo one wheel bolt, look into the hole and look for a tell tale witness of the circle left from the bolts end rotating against the trigger wheel.

regards
Bill

·
Registered
827 Posts
Indeed,m you may of dameged one of the relucter rings that the sensor picks up from when fitted longer bolts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx for that peeps,i would of thought they would have give me the right bolts in the fitting kit??????????i have a look and let you know.thanx again.Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.