SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if any of you find this but when I am braking steadily in the dry and go over a drain cover my ABS suddenly kicks in for a couple of seconds giving me a slight fright but then goes normal again. Does anybody else find this or am I just going too fast?:rolleyes:

Also why has the Leon got massive front brakes and yet titchy ones at the back? I know that 80% of the braking is done at the front but they just dont look right.:confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not gonna sponsor u now that I know u listen to 5! :no:

Si I think hes gonna embarrass the site by blaring out 5 on the Gumball rally!:p :p :moony:

:kenny: :kenny: :kenny: :kenny: :kenny:

This is for 5, one each!:p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No make it 2 each just to make sure!:p
:kenny: :kenny: :kenny: :kenny: :kenny: :kenny: :kenny: :kenny: :kenny: :kenny:

·
Registered
555 Posts
and back to ur original post...:D

yeah mine does that there aint no grip on a metal drain cover compared to tarmac it also make the TCS cut in when you accellerate over them.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
freaked me out a few times. Must admit not too bothered when accelerating but braking, DOh!:eek:

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Yeah and if u dont have TCS u just wheel spin all over the place! Its real scary too! I did it the first time and thought WTF then i went around again and it did the same thing then i realised it was cuz of the man hole cover!

·
Registered
555 Posts
theres a 1 in 8 hill round the corner from me with man hole covers every 5m in a zig zag pattern its mad in the wet you slide one way then the other then back:D

·
Registered
555 Posts
EDL is electronic differential lock..

if one of the front wheels is on grass and the other is on tarmac it should put the brake on the one thats spinning and just put all the power tothe one on tarmac

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by matt1e
you ever managed to get the EDL to work?? I cant and I've tried lots.. it must just be poo
Got it to work on mine a couple of times.
It almost screwed me right up once. I was at a t-junction turning right out of a very narrow country lane. My left wheel was on mud and gravel, and my right on clean tarmac. The EDL did its stuff, and the power cut to the left wheel, but this made the car try to turn left when I was turning right!! Had to fight it to go where I wanted it to go!

I've noticed it most on surface changes or splashing through big puddles at the side of the road. Works quite well in those situations.

Phill

1 - 18 of 18 Posts