SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you've taken the bonnet off... it's likely that you've put it back on at an angle. I'm new to this ibiza lark but on 99% of old VAG's there is 2 little rubber wind up/down stoppers on the slam panel

Try rolling them in or out as suits ;)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive had the bonnet off to fit a bonnet vent but its always been a nightmare to close.ive made ppl jump walking down the street coz ive slammed it so hard it sounded like air gun going off lol.i think the arrow bit that goes in the slam panel needs adjusting or oiling.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have a look at the bolt markings on the hinges. Do they perfectly match the where the spray has been blown over?

Try taking out the rubber stopper things completely on the slam panel or winding them right down. It'll make a nice gap between your wing and bonnet lines but at least it'll tell you whether its that causing the problem!

Ive had to play around with them everytime I take the bonnet off as it just seems to go back on a tiny bit different than before!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
On the subject of bonnets, mine doesnt sit correctly, at the passengers side there is a bigger gap between the light and the bonnet than on the drivers side. Ive saw a few other mk2 ibiza's like this n wondered if this is normal?!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sounds like the rubber bump stops on the slam panel need screwing in.mines higher on the passenger side than the drivers side but i aint had a look at mine yet.:mad:)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Mine aint that much higher at the passenger side but it is quite noticeable, especially when looking at the car front on :s

·
Registered
215 Posts
lucy;784250 said:
same ere.i,ll get round to fixing it one day lol.
I will get round to fixing it aswell sum day, wasnt to sure how to fix it to start with. :baffled5wh:

Which one of the rubber stop things will need screwed in??

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok so ive had a look at the slam pannel at the rubber grommets that adjust n there at there minimum adjustment so why is my bonnet still sticking up? baffeled lol :mad:P

·
Registered
4 Posts
seems like this has been done to death already but...

the two hinges for the bonnet are adjustable so have a look at how your panel gaps line up, if they dont match the adjust at the hinges

have a look at the rubber gromets and scew them down if necessary

check the bonnet catch, spray wd40 on it, work it a bit and make sure if functions right and the spring returns/ the cable is free

it could also be that the catch needs adjustment

edd

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.