SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi People,

I've got the standard head unit for my MY03 with the changer in the glove box. I used to have a Sony MP3 CD player in my old car which was perfect for me.

Can anyone advise on the cost of a standard SEAT (or at least VAG) MP3 CD Player head unit which I can just swap over? I still want the CD changer (for now) but want a bog standard part and not an after-market one.

I'll give my SEAT dealer a call tomoz to see what they can offer but am happy getting one off ebay or somewhere else.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
I think the Alana MP3 will be the only single-DIN unit, but is bound to be more expensive than a decent after market unit, and still won't be a straight swap. Audi have only just started doing MP3 headunits, and both are double DIN.

·
Registered
16 Posts
There's not much point keeping the changer if your putting in an MP3 player.

If you get one that plays WMA (which most do these days) you can get over 20 albums on one disc.

For a unit that looks standard but gives really good sound you should look at Becker or Nakamichi, there gonna be a simlar price to what you'd pay at a dealer i'd imagine, but much better features and sound quality.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.