SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got my air con regassed, however now that I should be blowing out cold air, ive realised its not working. What is happening is that pressing the A/C button is not turning on the compressor. If i take a wire straight from the battery to the compressor it'll kick in and start working, and once ive got it started i can even turn it on and off with the A/C button.

But if i turn off the ignition and start the car again, then the A/C button wont work and i have to power it straight from the battery.

My dad thinks it might just be a relay or something, is this right? and if so where is the relay for switching the compressor on and off?

Thanks

Mark.

·
Registered
120 Posts
yeh sounds like a dodgy relay to me, however no idea where the right one would be on the ibiza.. try calling seat and see if they can point you inthe right direction. A new relay should only cost a few quid and be simple to swap, once you know where it is with the help of any helpful dealership.

·
Registered
79 Posts
wierd that! when i press may ac button it doesnt do anything but if i turn my heating controls to low compressor works you can hear heater blower switch off while compresser switchs on also my ac wouldnt stop flashing so i regasses it my self and all seems to be fine when heater on low feels like in freezer have to say burns petrol like nothing ever before

1 - 4 of 4 Posts