SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone actually use their air-con all the time in this weather?

I get a serious performance drop when mines on (20VT). Anyone else?

I expected some minor drop but my car pulls like a 1.4 with a/c on. Is this a general thing on the Cupra's.
Try to pull away nothing much happens then all off a sudden, whoosh, away we go.

Its cack, looks like its windows down all the way for the future.

:confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I leave my controls on Auto all the time at 22 degree's.

It turns the compressor on and off whenever it needs to and i don't notice the difference in power that much,

·
Registered
853 Posts
I always switch my air con off at the lights..
Not a huge difference - only notice it on fuel consumption - could be somethig to do with youre mix - what's the idle like with air con on - if it doesn't chage much could be it creating a flat spot [power drain at low revs ( I could be talking rubbish here) - normally the idle revs go up to compensate... once its over that hill its business as usual.

Sound like a tune diagnositc up is in order.

Cheers,
Chris

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Mine's fine. Constantly on 19º Auto unless I'm behind a diesel in which case it's recirc, but no difference in performance or even MPG that I've noticed......

·
Registered
853 Posts
You must be alot less paranoid than me....

Cold morning start - switch computer to consumption 7 MPG - goes like a rocket but 7MPG!!!! - Once got nearly 40MPG cross country (half of it with clutch out catchin traffic) - amazing what you'll do in a petrol shortage 60 miles form home...
:)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Have mine on most of the time set to 18º , i did notice some bad power loss the other day when auto was switched on :(
Never use auto normally as it just seems to stick the blowers on full all the time and loss power.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a 1.4 and with all cars with AC when it is on it increases the Revs of the car with means that less power it being used to make it move faster. So just imange how slow mine goes, I also have it on all the time when I have petrol in my car.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i get about 240 to a full tank in my leon with the climate

on all the time, this is with varying styles of driving.

will turn it off when i fill up next and see what i get:)

speedy:mad:

·
Registered
728 Posts
The Leon automatically disengages the air con wen your at anything above 90% pedal position (accelerator),

The Beezer uses a simplified version of the climate control system with less interior temp sensors and no sun glare sensor and doesnt disengage the air con at full power, so if your looking for a quick getaway from the lights in Beezer flick the air con off for a bit, in a Leon dont bother as the ECU does it for you automatically!!!

240 miles on a tank is pretty low for a Leon, i am unlucky if i se anything less than 300 miles and 330-340 is about average for me (and i dont hand around either!, just ask anyone that has tried to follow me on a motorway):D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by mosser
The Leon automatically disengages the air con wen your at anything above 90% pedal position (accelerator),

The Beezer uses a simplified version of the climate control system with less interior temp sensors and no sun glare sensor and doesnt disengage the air con at full power, so if your looking for a quick getaway from the lights in Beezer flick the air con off for a bit, in a Leon dont bother as the ECU does it for you automatically!!!

240 miles on a tank is pretty low for a Leon, i am unlucky if i se anything less than 300 miles and 330-340 is about average for me (and i dont hand around either!, just ask anyone that has tried to follow me on a motorway):D
Iam one of the poor souls that had to try and keep up with this man!

I used 3/4 of a tank in about 90 miles(before it was chipped!)

:flame:

·
Registered
728 Posts
heh!, i remember the drive well steve!, i think we were on the way to Brunty werent we?, i got a puncture on the way and you had 1 seriously dirty car by the time we got there :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thats right!:D

Your car chucked up loads of crap off the road and onto my freshly polished beeza!

Got you back with that nail gun tho!:kenny: :rambo: :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can feel a difference with the AC on so I never have it on unless im stuck in serious traffic. Plus the fact that I like to have my window down to hear the dump valve wistle!:D :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.