SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a recent recruit to the use of MPVs - and after eliminating various marques, I came to the conclusion that either the Seat, VW or Ford offerings would suit my purpose.

Now that I've researched these vehicles a little further, I find that the Alhambra, although apparently made on the same production line in Portugal as the other two (tho' the Galaxy is now defunct) - is considerably cheaper and yet far better equipped.

Can someone please confirm that these vehicles are seperated only by price and specification? Is there a quality differential to explain the price differential? Surely a 'better' badge does not warrant a such price differential - or does it?

And the integral child seats - anyone else had experience of these? They certainly appear to be the perfect choice for occasional child usage (as vouched for by at least one member) - anyone care to differ?

Many thanks - yet again.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
They're exactly the same - a lot of them even share engines.

We have a 1.9TD 'Ford' Galaxy at work - which turned out to be the VW PD130 under the bonnet. The switcgear's all from the VW parts bin - the only Ford parts are the stereo and the badges!

·
Registered
62 Posts
done the same research when i got my first one about 5 years ago

the seat is the better deal as better equipped and is cheaper for servicing & parts

most folks will class it a a VW since its part of the VW group anyhow
well my opinion anyway

at the end of the day if your into badge snobbery you have your mind set

1 - 7 of 7 Posts