SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a 2 year old Seat Altea 1.9Tdi Reference which has the standard Radio/Cd player in it. It is a Spanish registered car, located in Spain at my other property.
I have just had a Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth phone kit fitted to my motor (not Seat!) here in the UK, and would like to take one over to Spain to have fitted into my Altea.
The 3 questions I have are:
1) Does the stereo unit have ISO fittings as standard? If not, I will need to look at paying for a separate connector, as the Parrot kit is designed for ISO.
2) Does the stereo unit have mute facility, so I can direct the phone through the speakers?
3) How difficult is it to remove the head unit of the stereo to get at the wiring?
As far as I am aware, the specs on my car (the stereo in particular) should be identical to one here in the UK.
Many thanks
Dave

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
dave45040 said:
Hi all,
I have a 2 year old Seat Altea 1.9Tdi Reference which has the standard Radio/Cd player in it. It is a Spanish registered car, located in Spain at my other property.
I have just had a Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth phone kit fitted to my motor (not Seat!) here in the UK, and would like to take one over to Spain to have fitted into my Altea.
The 3 questions I have are:
1) Does the stereo unit have ISO fittings as standard? If not, I will need to look at paying for a separate connector, as the Parrot kit is designed for ISO.
2) Does the stereo unit have mute facility, so I can direct the phone through the speakers?
3) How difficult is it to remove the head unit of the stereo to get at the wiring?
As far as I am aware, the specs on my car (the stereo in particular) should be identical to one here in the UK.
Many thanks
Dave
hey there,

answers...

no the altea doesnt have iso connections on it. it has a quad lock system. there are leads available to convert the loom to iso to use the parrot and then back to the quadlock for the back of the stereo.

drop me a line and i can sort one out for you and let you know how much etc.

next answer is that the stereo doesnt need mute facility as the parrout kit does all the aork. it will turn the speakers off so you can have the conversation and then bring them back on when finished

lastly the altea radio is'nt the easiest to remove. it takes for very flat keys to do so. SEAT techs use special ones but from experience you can get away with using the keys from a sony radio or kenwood. if its the first time the radio is coming out then it will need some gentle persuasion too.lol

send me a pm if you get stuck matey or if you want a lead;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts