SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently installed a nice set of diamond audio components and I now need to get an amp to see ALL the good these components are giving me.

A few questions for the I.C.E boyz.

Any recommendations on a decent amp ?? I'll literally only be running my components of it so what kind of Watts should I go for ? Just a 2 channel Amp ok ?

I should be getting a new Rockford Fosgate headunit soon so was looking at their amps. Any reports on those ??

Thanks 4 ya time

;)

G

·
me got diamond audio gear too, componants and 12" M5 sub, nicely powered by genesis amps, they do the job nicely. system sounds feckin TOP! all running off standard console HU, untill tommorow when i get an alpine 7892 HU fitted.:D :D :D :D :D :D

G

·
my old one sounded fantasic, but when it went tits up i was fecked. But ive been told id get a replacement within 3 days for mine if anything goes wrong with it.

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Yeah that's the official line... ;)

But I had Wentworths Car Audio ( Fantastically helpful, highly recommended... ) send mine back for repair. No diagnosis was needed as it was a known problem, and it took 10 days before I had it back... Wentworths told me that's about the normal turnover with Alpine, the 3 days is marketing mumbo jumbo as far as I'm concerened. Wish I'd known before I bought the changer as well, Id've sold it and got a kenny again... :(

Still might get shut anyway as there's a number of things I don't like about it, like crackling in the sound when you adjust the volume..

Pete

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pete, haven't really got a specific budget as I don't mind paying for quality. As you probably know I just want a sweet sound but nothing spectacular. Obviously we all like a bargain but my motto is "you pay 4 what you get". Saying all that I don't really want to exceed £200 fat ones !! :D

Thanks

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Sorry mate I forgot to reply... :(

Right I had a look around and if you go to http://www.cel-direct.com there's a few nice choices...

Infinity RA7502 £140

Directed 400 £161

Genesis Profile 2 £190

Genesis ST60 £220

The last one is real class but is just above your budget...

There are a few more but those 4 are my top picks out of them... ;)

Pete

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.