SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...might get flamed for this but what the hell...

I remember first signing up on here when I'd just bought my first car, a Mk2 Ibiza SXE in silver, and the people on here made me feel quite welcome. Maybe thats why I never bothered with the "other" site.

Anyhoo...couple of pictures of the now old motor...

Had 2 pretty good years in it,albeit with a few problems here and there, but I still sorta miss it in a weird way :confused1bb:

And this is the new motor that I've had for about 9months now. Which probably isn't going to be to anyone's taste, but its my car and I like it, isn't that what really matters?

Some pictures of when I first got it, its a 1999 Honda Civic Coupe SE.
Lil 1.6 16valve SOHC...without Vtec. Yes...you did read that right, single cam with 16 valves.

Had it a few months before I decided I didn't really like the shiney smiley mouthed grill and that it could do with some colour coding.
So I got that done, along with a subtle lip on the front bumper.

Also fitted some "jap style" number plates too at the same time.
And these beautys too:

Front seats from a Civic Type R (from a later "EP" shape Civic). Miles more supportive than the standard ones, got them for cheap with the adaptions already done.
Gave the engine bay a quick tidy up too

Yes, I know the engine is on the wrong side compared to most cars :rofl8yi:

Little arty type night shot

Then I got annoyed with the huge gap in the wheel arch. So I ended up buying some Daiyama coilovers with a decent spring rate, even my mum finds it comfy!
Handles like a go-kart now!

And thats about all the photo's I have of it.
It's had a few other bits and bobs too since then, like my DIY sprayed headlights.
Need to take some more really.
There's a few more plans for it too, including a Vtec conversion (sometime this year) and a turbo too :wink0st:

G

·
Doesnt matter what car you have mate most of us from the beginning dont even have a SEAT anymore .. hence a community and not a forum :)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
that looks really nice mate, my mate has jsu got a 1.4 civic marlin thingy, same colour, and that front end looks awsome like that, i may sugest it to him.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Nice Car mate!! Will b amazing when you get the vtec engine converstion and turbo added!! Will be really quick aswell :p

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm hoping to see around 145hp with the Vtec head conversion.
Usually only see you to about 120hp, but mine will have a slightly higher compression ratio, so that should help.Head is probably going to be ported + polished etc and the inlet manifold ported to match.Induction kit, free flowing manifold, higher lift cam and a half decent tune.

Unfortunately, the stock bottom end can only take around 220-240hp so I'll be on the look out for another block so I can get lower compression piston, uprated con-rods,piston rings etc etc and then who knows what power I'd get.

There's some Civic's in the USA running 450+hp everyday...From a 1.6 with a single camshaft!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I wanted to buy a civic a few years back but never got round to it or should i say could'nt afford it, nice motors by all accounts, good luck with the conversion i hope it goes well but looking good so far.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Went to a owner's meet on Bank Holiday Monday...only managed to get a couple of photos, but this one demonstrates what I meant earlier by DIY spraying the headlights:

It's sorta similar to how the jap import Civic Type R's have.

Just need to get my bum into gear and get the Vtec conversion sorted now then :-s

Thanks for the comments too people!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts