SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,,

I have been learning the guitar for about 2 years or so now. I am just trying to play and sing along at the same time but I struggle to get my coordination right when I sing as well..

Any tips..

oh - and if Buckden cares to comment in here........ it will be 10 days in the county jail for him!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yup, its more difficult than it looks. It all depends on how well you play guitar naturally, i.e. without thinking too much about stringing riffs together and playing chords and not thinking about the next chord.
Its an art in itself, and certainly takes a bit of practice. I know these people who go n talent shows claim its hard to sing and dance at the same time, I suppose its a bit like that...

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can do picking stuff (stairway to heavan, classical gas etc) but I have got some strumming stuff as well, American Pie, Lemon Tree, some Beatles stuff and REM....

·
Registered
217 Posts
i have been playing about ten year now so can play a bit when you start to play & sing at the same time dont strum/pick the melody just 4 down strokes to the beat and sing the song(make sure you know the words to the point of not having to think about them) then as you start to fit the words in time with the chord changes you can get back to playing the melody also dont try and think of it as 2 different things (playing & singing) try think of a over view the hole thing as one part other than that its practice :)
what kind of geetars you got?

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah,, I must admit it is a bit easier if I play just 4 beats rather than the proper strumming pattern.

I have a johnson dreadnot acoustic and a yamaha pacifica electric

·
Registered
217 Posts
G

·
Slicker;785155 said:
Hi all,,

I have been learning the guitar for about 2 years or so now. I am just trying to play and sing along at the same time but I struggle to get my coordination right when I sing as well..

Any tips..

oh - and if Buckden cares to comment in here........ it will be 10 days in the county jail for him!
How could I resist ... I mean I can teach you about strumming :eek:o7dt:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
reno;785235 said:
i dont think you have enough of them lol :mad:P :mad:)

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
S1BDN;785236 said:
How could I resist ... I mean I can teach you about strumming :eek:o7dt:
well that took longer than I expected

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.