SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently trying to get some money back off seat but there not interested. I brought a brand new 1.9Tdi FR last month and at the time of buying i asked if it had a alarm on it (which it did it did on the web site) but the sales man told me it didn't so I brought it then a day after I got it I had it booked in to have a Clifford cat 1 alarm put on it. But after they fit the alarm and was setting it up they realized that it had a Cat 1 alarm as standard and was interfering with the alarm system. So I had just spent £480 on an alarm that didn't work right. I got on the phone to seat customer services and they said leave it with them a week later I got an answer which was it was my word vs the dealership and there was noting that they could do but on of my arguments with them was why would I spend nearly £500 on something I didn't need. I am thing about sending them a solicitor's letter but I don't now if that would do anything just wondered if any one else has had any problems with Seat.

Cheers Cossie

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
I can see why you'd be having problems. The FR has always had an alrm as standard, and it has always been in the spec as having an alarm, so quite why the salesman would have said otherwise I don't know. If you already thought it had an alarm, wouldn't it have been better to check for yourself before forking out for another? As they say though, it'll be your word against his. He could just say he misheard you, or that you misheard him. Keep on fighting, but I doubt you'll see anything from it except for a lot of hassle :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.