SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a 2000 W Toledo V5 (150) and I am wanting remove the Aura Radio/Cassette unit to fit a Sony MD player, and plug the existing 6 CD Changer into it. The MD player is designed to accept a CD Changer.

My question is, does anyone know what type of plug it is that connects from the changer to the head unit in the Toledo? My Sony MD player has Bus Audio Sockets (Red and White), and a Bus Control In (is this another way to connect?). There is also a Remote In socket, but I suspect this is for remote volume control etc.

Any help before I start pulling things apart would be greatly appreciated.

Incidently, the Sony unit was previously fitted straight into a VW Golf Mk3 and before that into a Mk2 Golf Gti using an adaptor harness so, aside from the the CD Changer issue, I think it should just plug straight in to the Seat wiring. Yes/No?

Hope someone can help.

Cheers,
Tim

·
Registered
333 Posts
I don't know anything about the cd changer plug, but can shed some light on the Sony head unit. The Bus Audio Sockets (red and white) are the leads which carry the sound from the changer to the headunit, and the Bus Control In is the lead which communicates with the changer, basically telling it what to do, it has nothing to do with the sound itself. Th Remote In plug is for attaching a Sony remote commander which mounts on the steering column.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that Roger, that explains the workings a bit for me.

All I need now is confirmation that the standard CD Changer for the Aura head unit will connect using the connections on the Sony MD head unit (for the record the Sony is model number MDX-C5970R) and that the rest of the plugs will connect to the car without problem. If I'm likely to need some other bits and pieces I would rather know now, not when I've got it all pulled apart.

Thanks,
Tim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts