SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the doors on there Mk1 Leon automaticly unlock when they stop again.

I'm not sure if they are meant to and mines just don't or if they stay locked untill you press the key button on the drivers door to unlock them again. I noticed also that you can just open the door with the handle but you need to open it twice before the door will open.

I find it a really annoying feature and wouldn't mind so much if they unlocked when you stopped again but if it's possible to tur it off then i would be intrested in knowing how also.

Thanks in advance, It's only a matter of time till one of my friends snap of the door handle from inside trying to pull it so hard cause it wont open.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
nope, they will stay locked untill you remove the key, pull the handle twice or press the button.

You can turn the auto locking feature off with vagcom

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine came from the factory with it disabled but i got the dealer to renable it when it was being serviced. Good feature i think as my wife drives the car a lot on her own particularly in the winter - but yeah it can be a bit of a PITA sometimes.

·
Registered
338 Posts
My Toledo locks them when I get to about 10Mph and they stay locked until I turn off the engine and remove the key.

I can of course unlock them using the button on the door if I am dropping someone off, but they lock again when I hit 10 mph.

Good feature I think..

It was initially disabled on my car, but I enabled it using Vag-com.

Ta.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Patchy, if your near aberdeen i can disable the auto unlock feature if you like as i have vagcom.

Personnally i also like the feature but can see how it would be annoying, as i'm normally in the car myself it doesn't bother me!

Cheers

Danny

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dannyk

Thanks for the offer, I might just take you up on that if it's ok.

I'm in Carnoustie (Near dundee) but i am up in aberdeen often cause the missus lives up there.

Thanks to all for your replies i just wondered if mines was needing fixed but it dose the same as yours. My mate has the C2 and it locks at about 10mph then un-locks again everytime he stops. I don't find it a bad feature but like i say my mates don't seem to understand that when they pull the door handle from inside and it dosn't open they need to leave it and try again or wait for me to push the button so they decide to pull harder and you can almost see the plastic trim around the door handle bending with there force.

Thanks again people.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Patchy

It would defeat the object of the self locking if it unlocked every time you came to a halt, since the most risk of someone trying to snatch something or get in is at the traffic lights or a junction, hence the doors stay locked til you remove the key or intentionally unlock them

Maybe time to tell the mates the doors are locked? lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah mate if you want to tell my mates feel free and see if you have any luck with them listening and taking it in.

I totally understand what you are saying about the doors un-locking when you stop defeating the purpose but that all depends on the point the car manufacture was trying to put across.

Like i say my mate has a C2 and i locks and un-locks as he drives and stops and thats clearly a child in car safety feature and i was asking if the leon was the same that was all.

It's the same with London Taxis they lock as they drive off and un-lock as you stop purely for the same reason as the C2 and if they had the same feature as the Leon then try telling hundreds of people everyday to wait untill i press the button.

But hey,

Thanks for your input anyway.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh yeah never really thought about that.

Good point.

I'm all for having it de-activated but i also agree it can be a good feature for those that want it. I'm the only person that drives the car, if i had a wife that was to drive it and i lived in a city or something then yeah by all means i would keep it for that added protection but since i'm a young, free and single Leon owner i'm purely just intrested in the fun factor.

·
Registered
116 Posts
fuzzy975;784522 said:
Its not a bad idea especially for lone drivers. Didnt know the cars had that option although the thing i dont like is if you have an accident and the doors are locked makes it harder to escape or rescue someone.
The doors will automatically unlock if an airbag goes off!

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
If i'm carrying passengers and am dropping someone off without stopping the engine, I just press the release button as I pull up - saves any problems that way.

I find the Leon better than my Ibiza as it releases all the doors when you remove the key - the Ibiza would only release the drivers door!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Mine is disabled as standard as well but my clifford alarm has mlackjax and it locks the doors anyway, great feature!!!! But i also get annoyed at having to unlock when i am letting someone out. But you cant have everything i suppose.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello seat leon lovers
I have a seat leon 1.9tdi se 2003
does anyone know if my car has this option
its not locking when i drive off
also sometimes it lock it self when I leave the car and sometimes it dont
can anyone explain
is mine faulty???

1 - 18 of 18 Posts