SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

Is there any way do you think that we can get an automatic welcome posted into the welcome section everytime someone new registers.

There are new members getting missed. Although an automatic welcome is maybe slighlty impersonal, at least everyone gets it and when the comittee members see the new thread appearing in todays posts, it is then easier to put a personal response in.

It is late at night and I'm getting sleepy, but do you see what I mean?

Abi :)

G

·
There is a hack that we can do that will make the email that you get more personal but it would be good to keep an eye out on the new Members and see where they are from and point them in the right direction!

I have had emails about this and people really like it and feel welcome!

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Was thinking the same thing Abi...

Perhaps that's why mine was missed?? :p :confused: :p

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I know the first part is triggered and therefore impersonal, but wouldn't that thread flag up in "todays new posts" so when us committee bods are going through the list we would see the new bods quicker and be able to write nice wee personal replies.

I just worry that we're not sending out enough welcomes and that some new bods who haven't been with us on the previous forum might feel left out when they don't see a welcome, but others have got one.

For example, I think it was last night and we had nearly 100 people registered, but, there were only 20 - 30 something welcomes.

I realise a lot of these people are probably previous peeps, but they are perhaps the bigger characters etc, etc.

I'm rambling now so I'm going to shut up!!!

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
No need to shut up - that was all making sense ;)

So... can we get an automatically generated e-mail upon registering, along with an automatic new thread in the welcome section.
Could include a link to this section in the mail?

We would then see all the new members as a new topic would be created already, and we could then add to that - would mean nobody gets missed....

Perhaps even set up some kind of 'Committee' username with an avatar of the lot of us when we're together at Trax to use when generating the first post? - would make it a bit more personal too.

That would be most :cool: I think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts