SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back from my week off - a sunny mixture of london and York, but very relaxing all the same.:D

nice to see a few 20vts and an N reg kiwi cordy gti- how rare!
Did anyone notice me zipping hrough the country in my girlfriends 1.4 cupra look alike?
can you believe I did an 800 mile round trip on 43 quid of petrol! god bless 1.4's

just got through the mountain of last weeks posts! :)

G

·
Hey Scotty ......... do you mean you managed to find your way out of Summmmerzet? :D :D :D

So you were in London ..... you should have said hello mate ;)

Glad you had a good one mate ;)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha! finding my way back was the hard part! :D

would have said 'ello but I was only there for monday.

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Originally posted by ScottyP
Did anyone notice me zipping hrough the country in my girlfriends 1.4 cupra look alike?
No, but I saw her driving through Taunton a couple of weeks ago, very unlike when I didn't see/hear you right behind me in your kiwi monster with 5 inch exhaust (or whatever size it was) and your headlights flashing about 5 or 6 months ago! See, I'm not totally blind.

Oh yeah, welcome back. Shame you couldn't make the meet last night.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah sorry about that neil - would have put him off normally, but he's lining me up with a job. Got an interview on friday.

By the way, saw you on the M5 going to work last week (tues?) and you didn't see me waving then :rolleyes:
heheh.

what mpg are you getting going to and from work??

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Originally posted by ScottyP
what mpg are you getting going to and from work??
Well lets see...

7:07 Leave on foot for Highbridge railway station (about 2 miles away).
7:42 Arrive at railway station.
7:57 Get on train after sitting on cold concrete bench for too long.
8:16 Get off train in Taunton.
8:20 Sit down at my desk.

:D

Fuel consumption is so bad that I've resorted to getting the train to work! A return ticket (£6.10) is less than I spend on petrol alone, plus I'm not putting miles on the car.

The car's not running properly at the moment, so it's using more fuel than it should be. It's going back to Grunt on Friday (subject to change if past experiences are considered :mad: )

I'll let you know what it's like when it running properly. My mate says it smells like his Honda lawnmower at the moment! At least it stops people tailgating me :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.