SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got me car back last night after haveing the VVT actuator replaced! There feels like sooo much more power! going round a roundabout with TCS off I can now smoke the tyres:D

The only problem is the replaced my manly sounding horn which had stopped working wiv a girly horn from noddys car:(

I'm happy:D

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers pete

mmm cheap then!!! Where you get your wheels from then pete? Is tere an audi on bricks somewhere??:D

My standard ones are pretty low and I didnt do it intentionally just drove like normal and there was a huge shove of power:D

Then engine also takes longer to warm up which I can only asume is becasue before it was running inefficiently!

G

·
Nice one that your cars sorted, mine warms up so quickly that youve got me worried. I have been putting down the slight lack of power due to the heat. What were your symptoms when your VVT actuator failed and was it expensive?:(

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well it felt a bit slow but I just ignored it and thought I was used to the power..

Then I was over a mossers and we gave it a scan while he was showing me VAGCOM and it came up with a DTC:(

It was booked in at the garage a couple of days later so I let them know and they tried to read the code and there was not one there! i think they had cleared it first:( but it was therejust before they did the work yesturday!

Anyway they took my word for it when I gave them the report from VAGCOM and ordered the bits in to be replaced under warrenty so I dont know the cost!

Mosser also commented that my engine was runnign hotter than his was!

Now at the point on my way to work where my temp gague used to be just over 90 its at about 70 takes a further 2 miles to get to the 90 mark and doesnt go over 90 as much as it used to!

I will do a fuel comparison and see what I get as it was low even driving sensibly before...

The fault I had was:

16396 - Cam-Timing Adj. Bank 1: Retard Setpoint Not Reached

Steve said in another thread that he had changed a few before on audis. It feels like a completely different car!

m

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
No, despite me moving from liverpool, I did buy the wheels just at a much reduced price... :g :g

If you need new tyres then how about buying my standard wheels... Going cheap and there's loads of tread left... ;)

Pete

G

·
When i have started my car recently I leave it running for about 3mins to warm it up, I then drive 1/2 mile down the road and the needle is sitting at 90! It does have fully synthetic oil and after a while driving the needle does sit above the 90 mark. Matt1e does this sound familar??

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pete...

how much did you get the RS4 alloys for then???

how much you wanna sell your standard ones for???:D

Fishboy...

That sounds like the same thing mine was doing. I have the standard oil though. I'm not sure what the normal time to heat up is??

Do you feel any kick at 4000 rpm? mine just felt very flat and now there seems to be a bit more go there!

pete how long does yours take to warm up? I know your chiipped but id still be interested to know!

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
I got them for an undisclosed sum... ;)

My alloys are in the For Sale section, up for £240ono

Never really taken any notice how long it takes to warm up, I generally just start up and go so it would warm up fairly quickly... I'll see next time I'm in it.

Pete

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Only kiddin bout the chip fishboy. Definitly worth scanning the car for DTC's though if you recon its lost power...

soo pete there is a audi out there on bricks :D you didnt happen to buy them for 240 quid did you?? lol

I'll p*** at the mo cos I will only need two fronts!

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
They cost me more than that mate, wish they had cost £240... :(

I'll sell you two if you can find someone that want's the other two, I'm not fussed... hehehe Or PM me and make an offer, it's not like they're doing much... :)

Pete

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Might well do that!!!

Who else is fed up of the sensor thing commenting out words like p a s s??? like this p*** its **** I'm I'm gunna change it!

Originally posted by Pete
They cost me more than that mate, wish they had cost £240... :(

I'll sell you two if you can find someone that want's the other two, I'm not fussed... hehehe Or PM me and make an offer, it's not like they're doing much... :)

Pete

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Didnt doubt ya mate!!!

They had it booked in for two days and like you said it took 2 hours!! but they have never seen that problem b4!!!

meeeee

G

·
Originally posted by matt1e
Didnt doubt ya mate!!!

They had it booked in for two days and like you said it took 2 hours!! but they have never seen that problem b4!!!

meeeee
Just glad your cars sorted mate;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts