SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of having my oil changed in the car as I do relatively short journeys everyday to get to the station to go to work. I am running fully synthetic at the moment as I belive it is the best for the warming up in the morning and should give better performance to the engine. Am I right in thinking this? as I had problems with my old car running Mobil 1, burning oil. What is everyone else running and can anyone recommend a good oil from the main dealer??

Thanks in advance.
:D

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I run Mobil 1 fully synth 0W40... it is possibly a tiny bit thin as I get a slight increase in follower rattle first thing in the morning on start-up, but it disappears after 30 seconds to a minute.. I never move my car for aminute or so anyway, so doesn't bother me.

I believe Mobil 1 do a fully synth 5W50 but I couldn't get hold of any..

I hear that Synta Gold is prety reasonable, and my main dealership actually sells it..

Of course there is Magnatec.. which is pretty reasonable and I reckon quite a few people around here might use it..

I believe there is another thread somewhere that involves oil.. have a look around it is there somewhere.. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Come on guys surely you must have something to say? Oil must be one of the important yet simplist modification for the smooth running and performance of your motors.

Do I have to start a poll??

·
Registered
70 Posts
Shell Helix 10w 40 is what Seat use on services. I intend to do the 5k oil change myself with that, and the 10k service at SEAT they'll use the same again.

At 15k may flush and run on fully synth 5w40 if I can get it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts