SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, got home today and found a fixed penalty notice on my old car, apparently for parking on a single yellow during a restricted period. My first ever ticket, and I'm quite gutted really. Two problems - one, there's no notice of restriction on our street that I can find (despite it having a single yellow) and two, I'm a resident, where else am I going to park? Any ideas how sucessful an appeal on my part would be?

Ta in advance :)

·
Registered
618 Posts
Not sure about the single yellow line rule. I thought you could only park on one form 6pm to 8am. However if theres no notice of restriction you should appeal and ask for evidence (unless its on thier website). The worse that will happen is that they say your appeal has been thrown out and you still have to pay the fine (which will still be the reduced amount).

·
Registered
63 Posts
As I understand it there has to be a notice with details of the restriction, usually on posts on the pavement, as well as the yellow lines. Take some pictures and appeal!

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
This may help: http://www.parking-appeals.gov.uk/RegAndLeg/parkingRegu.asp
Is your road within a Controlled Parking Zone? From what that site says, thats the only time where a single yellow line doesn't need a sign to state the restriction. Also, check that there isn't a sign anywhere on the route of the single yellow line. If it extends around a corner, there could be a sign there.

One thing I will say though, if there are restrictions, its normally for a good reason, one of the main ones being to allow access for fire engines. I don't know about your road obviously, but if you were deamed to be causing an obstruction, I'd imagine you could get a ticket whether there was a sign or not.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
I've been through this....I parked on a single yellow in the centre of Bristol and there were no signs that I could see anywhere on this road, however there are signs on the streets around it and the same time zone applies to the whole city.

I protested it twice and they told me if I protest it for a 3rd time I will have to goto court to protest it, so I just paid the £20 lol they did give me a lot of legal mumbo jumbo and I did talk to a few random traffic wardens and they all said the same thing about the zone there

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool, thanks for the help everybody. To fill you in on the street itself, it's a dual carriageway, one way, out of town with several houses on the right with no off-street parking available (unless you count the private pub car park around the corner with many notices that it's for patrons only). Double yellows on the corner, single yellow outside our house. Most importantly, there's no restriction sign that I can find. Quite why the council have decided to send wardens up our way after three years of living here without a peep I'm not sure, but hey ho. Liverpool City Council must be skint again. Will try the appeal and see what happens...

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Is the dual carriageway part of an Urban Clearway? I know Swansea has a few of these, in which case the restriction notices only need to be at the start of the dual carriageway. It could just be that the council has received complaints from someone about the parking around your area, by someone like a bus company for example. Good luck with the appeal, but I'd be surprised if you get off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.