SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried fitting this today and am very dissapointed. It doesn't fit. :(

The pipe with the MAF sensor in is about 7cm OD where the CDA has an ID of about 9cm or so. So it won't fit.

Si I'll have to give it back to you next time I see you, really annoyed it doesn't fit cause I really wanted that carbon airbox... :(

Pete

G

·
Okay mate sorry to hear that, but thats what the trials are for ..... If you could take a couple of piccies and do a few words so we can let people know

;)

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Originally posted by Pete
Tried fitting this today and am very dissapointed. It doesn't fit. :(

The pipe with the MAF sensor in is about 7cm OD where the CDA has an ID of about 9cm or so. So it won't fit.

Si I'll have to give it back to you next time I see you, really annoyed it doesn't fit cause I really wanted that carbon airbox... :(

Pete
The BMC CDA's are available with different size inlets. I have one with 70mm inlet that I tried on my Ibiza. (too large physically to fit and connect its cold air feed pipe)

You can get them the right diameter pipe size.

Why was'nt this checked?

Bill

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In that case...

Get on it Si, I need one with a 70mm inlet... It'll fit physically as I've tried it in place but the inlets weren't the right size.

Yeah why wasn't it checked Si?? hehehehe

Pete

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any chance you could have a word mate ( when you have a spare minute.. ;) ) and see if we can swap it? I really want to try this cause it'll look cool under the bonnet... :)

Pete

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Did you get a hose connector also to connect the outlet of the BMC to the inlet of the MAF. What means of connecting does the air pump pipe have with this? (small convoluted black pipe which runs into your stock airbox)

I have seen some BMC CDA kits in the USA supply a small filter to plug into the end of this thing.

Bill

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got two jubilee clips ( although one is so bent it's unusable.. ) but that was all to connect to the MAF...

As for the air pump pipe. Nothing came with the kit for that, but after a bit of research I found the same thing. In the US if a company sell the BMC CDA kit for 1.8Ts then they bundle a small filter with it. I bought a Pipercross breather filter which is exactly the right size ( and cost £17 :eek: ) and then find the CDA wont go on... :mad: :mad:

Pete

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I got two jubilee clips ( although one is so bent it's unusable.. ) but that was all to connect to the MAF...

As for the air pump pipe. Nothing came with the kit for that, but after a bit of research I found the same thing. In the US if a company sell the BMC CDA kit for 1.8Ts then they bundle a small filter with it. I bought a Pipercross breather filter which is exactly the right size ( and cost £17 :eek: ) and then find the CDA wont go on... :mad: :mad:

Pete
On my beezer I had to get some Samco hose (120' elbow) in 70mm ID to connect the MAF to the BMC.

You got some hose?

Should have some big old aluminium ducting also for its cold air feed. Not very flexible, but essential to get the cold air feed to the filter housing to prevent potential power sappign hot air being breathed in.

regards
Bill

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No I didn't get any hose for that, but then the inlet was the wrong size anyway so it wouldn't have helped.

How much was the samco hose you got? I might need some 70mm ID hose as I'm thinking of making my own CAI up...

I did get the ducting though a reasonable amount of it, just never got as far as fitting that..

Pete

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
No I didn't get any hose for that, but then the inlet was the wrong size anyway so it wouldn't have helped.

How much was the samco hose you got? I might need some 70mm ID hose as I'm thinking of making my own CAI up...

I did get the ducting though a reasonable amount of it, just never got as far as fitting that..

Pete
The 120 degree 70mm ID Samco elbow cost me £28 all in.
you might be Ok with a straight bit maybe in a Leon.

regards
Bill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.