1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondered people thought on the following

all for my little sister - shes orded this kit:-

sorry no pics of it actually on a car but also saw this:_

just wondering if people have done other mods like badgless grills themselves? Hard to do? Also any suggestions towards anything else she can do to the Ibiza.

She likes my headlights on my corsa:-

yep that a mark 3 ibiza splitter on there too!

and wants to do likethem to hers, or are there any like angle eyes lights or anything out there?

cheers peeps

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
a suggestion that i have made is that the rear lights, can they be split apart so that the red area could be sprayed body colour and just leave the rings of light in red/orange/white???

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
You can't 'crack open' the rear light units as you've described I don't think. Well, they certainly aren't designed to come apart. What most people do if they don't like the red background lights is they get the FR version of the lights, which have a 'titanium' (aka darkish silver) background instead of red.

Badgless grilles are easy enough to fit, just unscrew the old one and screw in the new one.

There are only three types of front lights available, all OEM ones. I've never seen any aftermarket angel eye units or similar for the Mk4.

As for the bodykit, I'm not a fan sorry :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey cheers for the comments, every1 has different opinions and that cool, ya havent been bitchy so no worries fella.

I had the rear lights idea from people doing this to the front lights of fiesta's and other cars - just something different to try n would certainly be different. As for the bodykit its only costing her £120 so not that expensively flashy lol

My corsa doesnt have bands on it, its actually headlight protectors which I sprayed on the inside of (no plastic primer or it'd be grey lol) n still going strong - again just an idea I had of n worked pretty well I thought.

Looks like I'll send her to the scrap yard to find an FR - rear light n parts that'll fit her motor. I didnt think that there would be any different light for the front but was worth asking as im not as clued up on seat's as I am with VX's

cheers ppl - will post more when it happens n spray it

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
You can actually get colour coded front lights direct from SEAT (so long as you either have a flash red or ovni yellow car ;) ). They're basically the same lights as on the higher spec Mk4's (i.e. the SE, Sport, FR & Cupra) but with a coloured background instead of black/dark grey.

Like I say, I'm sure the rear lights could be split open with a bit of persuasion, but people have enough trouble with lights misting up as it is, and I can't imagine you'd be able to seal them all back up again well enough. Worth a shot though if you wanted to be different and don't mind replacing them if they can't be put back together!

As with your Corsa, you can get headlamp protectors which you could spray up as desired, but most people on here who have done something with theirs tend to just go for the standard 'eyebrows' you can get for just about every car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts