SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
H guys I am having problems with my cupra. I had my MAF go and have replaced it, the warning light has now gone and all seemed well until yesterday. The car will rev to the red line in first and second but not third, forth or fifth, the car seems to loose power and judder around 80-85 mph and the boost is only 0.4-0.3 bar used to be
0.6-0.5 anyone got any ideas?

Cheers Steve

·
Registered
286 Posts
We never run them,as they only lead to inacurate boost readings,vag-com will tell you how much boost the ecu is seeing which is a much more acurate way of telling whats up with the car i guess its ok as a guide though,i just dont like em in standard turbo'ed vag cars there just a waste of time!

·
Registered
189 Posts
My car's only a TDi 90bhp, but it was behaving very similarly recently and it turned out to be a dodgy turbo...had it replaced and all is working fine now. I was told that the wastegate on the turbo was jamming open causing it to lose boost after a few minutes driving...couldn't get about 3k revs in 4 or 5th and would only reach 81 mph before juddering.....very similar to your problem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had a similar problem, turned out to be the fuel lines were gunged up. Had them striped and cleaned and now it is fine. Also the Seat dealer had not replaced the fuel filter from the original even though it said it had been done on each big service. Guess you can't believe every lie the dealers tell you.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
The standard line from audi is that the fuel filters dont need replaced, they are not a standard service item anymore. and that came from a good source.

Still possible it was bunged up i suppose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts